Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking just a Mercury 44XS Gear FOOT Housing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking just a Mercury 44XS Gear FOOT Housing.

I really need an empty FOOT Housing for 44XS, I have all the internal workings, they are in great shape.
    I have a feeling this venture might be a tough one? If anyone has a housing or knows of one I would greatly appreciate it. I found a new one, Yikes.
    Its for my son’s motor we found that the threads were stripped out when we could not take the propeller cone off to change the water pump impeller and bearings. I recently sold a 44, I had another foot, I sell it with the other motor because it’s foot had a crack in it, I’m a nice guy. Now this week we find the stripped threads. Help!

Rod; -if the threads are not too far gone , they can be re-cut .015" oversize, and a new cone nut machined to suit . Otherwise an insert can be welded in and re-tapped to standard thread size. A fellow in the mid west was doing this , not cheap, but better than buying junk off e-bay .
    Brian Hendrick, #66 F
    "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

• Picklepower
      Picklepower commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Brian. I’ve contacted a fellow who had a 55H case that’s going to work. The crisis is over for now, until the next one arises.
      Rod

Alan Akerstrom can fix it... He's done many, and I don't recall anyone saying the price was an issue. He welds in a new tail section on the gearcase and it uses a standard tailcone.

Comment

• bh/
      bh/ commented
      Editing a comment
      Alan has done l/u's for me, and if he is now doing this fix, it will be done right !

• Picklepower
      Picklepower commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve talked to Alan, his work sounds actually what needs to be done. I’ve found a 55H case that’s going to work just great for now. I’m sending the busted up case to Alan to get him to work his magic on it in the future, will have it for a spare.
      Thank you Rod
Working...
X