Laminate LASER CUT REEDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laminate LASER CUT REEDS

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n438876[/ATTACH] Laminate precision LASER CUT REEDS for sale, sets of 8 (16 Reeds)for $35.00 free shipping
    These are cut on a laser so edges are smooth and unfractured from router bits or water jet cutting.

for order and payment please call or text 1-616-808-7819
    Last edited by john527; 06-23-2016, 06:23 AM.

How are they purchased? Send me a pm please
    David Everhart S52
    David Everhart S52
    Avatar credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Lots a questions;

Laser cut edge appears to have a burr on the edge. Is it thicker at the burr, and is the burr on both sides or one side (leaving the opposite side flat to seal against the reed block)?

Are these reeds made by a different mfgr than say Boyeson or Chris Carson reeds, and do they have verified/documented testing done on them?

What is the glass fiber material and what is the resin binder material?

Thanks,

Tom

Comment

Tom,
        Thanks for the questions,
        The G10,FR4 Laminate I use is .0235", we have tested them for two seasons in our 750 mod (44 merc) and have had no problems.
        and for the burrs that you think you see on the edges...there are none, the laser cuts this laminate very smoothly leaving no burrs and also seals the edges. Epoxyglas G10,FR4 Laminate Sheet is a glass fabric layer reinforcement in an epoxy resin binder. It is the most versatile laminate with extremely high mechanical strength and is also fire retardant.

Comment

Excellent reply, John.

(When you have time...) How about a side by side photo of a new reed next to one that has some hours on it...? Any fraying of the edges, splitting, cracking been observed after a season or two running?

Comment

Originally posted by 25xs View Post
            Excellent reply, John.

(When you have time...) How about a side by side photo of a new reed next to one that has some hours on it...? Any fraying of the edges, splitting, cracking been observed after a season or two running?
            I do not have any that look worn out yet!

Comment

WTB>>>>>>>>>been trying the numbers and PM's, with no response, can anyone help with better contact info. I need a couple sets of these.

Comment

Jetracer, sorry , I just got your message, I will be getting ahold of you today for your mailing info...Thanks!

Comment

Just so I understand, these reeds would replace 16 items with 8 items?

Comment

I think so...they are siamese reeds...............Thanks I ordered today from a great friendly Gal.

Comment

Fresh batch of reeds are ready for shipping if anybody needs any!

Comment

[QUOTE=deverhart1;n438914]How are they purchased?
                        call or text 1-616-808-7819

Comment

Working...
                        X