Mark 55H Block and Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark 55H Block and Parts

In the 'archives' I found I have a freshly prepped genuine Mark 55H-1 block with matching crankcase cover. No head damage, no thrown rods, freshly bead blasted and with a fresh +.030" over bore and hone job by Jim Ruck. All ports were hand chamfered by me prior to finish honing by Jim. Block is sprayed down with LPS3 for rust prevention. Just wash and go...

Also have a set of 4 matched, selected, brand new +.030" 'flat top' OEM pistons which I will sell with the block only. These pistons were selected by the OEM machining quality of the timing edge and cam turning of the wrist pin bosses and are matched by weight. All 4 pistons with wrist pins are within 1/4 gram in weight.

Also have all the other critical parts to complete this powerhead, such as race prepped very nice 400-2 crankshaft, correct bearing caps for this crank, top one is cut down for ease of belt replacement, select big brass reed cages, honed center main bearing assy, selected, prepped, honed 600-4 rods, etc.

Also have a pair of original KA7A Carbs with correct 55H choke linkage, unrestored.

All these items are for sale with the block, or if the block purchaser declines the small parts, I'll sell those separately.

Any interest?

Contact me at tridentracing@new.rr.com

I can send Pix of the various parts via e-mail once you contact me at the above address.

Thanks

Jerry Wienandt
    Trident Racing

To not confuse this 'real' 55H powerhead with the info I recently posted on a Merc Challenge Mk55H-S service block powerhead kit of parts I have for sale, I should mention that this powerhead is long since sold and in the hands of its new owner...

Thanks for your interest, all who contacted me.

Jerry

Comment

A friend says its confusing which powerhead was sold... the 'real' 55H, +.060" port motor, described above is sold. I posted this notice as I still get notes asking about this motor...

The MK55H-S service block kit of choice and new parts I described in my recent Mercury Mk55H-S 'Merc Challenge' motors posting is still available.

Sorry for any confusion...

Comment

Just saw your post . I think I might have one of your 55h s racing outboard engine .I bought it from a guy from New Jersey he told it ran in d runabout class . the engine still runs great I think it is my best engine

Comment

Working...
        X