Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boat racers gotta have a sense of humor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat racers gotta have a sense of humor!

Thanks for reminding me Harry!
    Attached Files

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Attached Files

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Skeered to see what the next one will be !!

David "US-1" Woodell --- That'll show em' !!

Comment

hey David........

he called you something else when I talked to him last month.........
        Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lytle
          Skeered to see what the next one will be !!

David "US-1" Woodell --- That'll show em' !!
          or David "U-Ass 1" Woodell.................oh ****, I better start running....sorry L6, I just hadda.......
          Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Good one Daren

Comment

I don't see another humor thread, soooo . . .

This was maybe the funniest classified ad ever in Seattle Outboard's Pit Previews newsletter. It came from Farley Street, who had something of a reputation for, shall we say, aggressive driving. When he was done racing, he put his stuff up for sale with the words,

"My complete racing outfit. Will run with, or over, the best of them."

Here's another funny that I didn't see, but heard about later (I'm guessing this was late-'70s/early-'80s). Seattle Outboard Association and Seattle Inboard Racing Association held a combined race with selected classes. The inboard runabout guys (not Crackerbox, but SK, SS, KRR, maybe Comp Jet) had referred to their boats for many years as "flatbottoms." For this race, these guys had found a good-looking gal willing to put on her bikini and hang around their section of the pits wearing a sash with the inscription:

"Miss Flatbottom."

Caught by surprise but not to be out-done, the outboarders got one of their similarly-fine girlfriends or wives to attire herself in similar fashion, complete with a hastily-fabricated sash, hand-lettered with a felt-pen:

"Miss Lower Unit"
              Last edited by Smitty; 09-08-2017, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• rooster97
                rooster97 commented
                Editing a comment
                I actually have the trophy my mom received for Miss Lower Unit! LOL
            Working...
            X