Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Be very !Careful! I think this might be a Rip Off ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be very !Careful! I think this might be a Rip Off ?

I’m a Little Leary on this return Post that I got back, doesn’t seen quite right.
    (if not I’m truly sorry for my mistake)

I do know of a “Doug” that repairs foot housings but that’s not his email and why
    wouldn’t you use Doug’s last name if you were connected in the boat racing
    family?

I got ripped off two years ago on what looked like an honest sale for a 44XS
    it wasn’t, lost $4000.00. No one helped me, this person used their real bank account
    address, name. No bank help, no police help, no help from the forum, (not this one) nothing.
    please be aware
    Sent money to pay for the motor, then he said that he wanted more money because his son was killed in a house fire and needed more money to pay for the hospital bills.
    Here is the Original Post from Boat Racing Facts.

touch photo to increase
    Last edited by Picklepower; 11-11-2019, 10:37 AM.

I responded to this post elsewhere. The Karlll mentioned is a member but only since January of this year and has never made a post on this site. I would not send money or items to anyone that I didn't know or have references for. There are scams everywhere these days.

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Picklepower View Post
      I’m a Little Leary on this return Post that I got back, doesn’t seen quite right.
      (if not I’m truly sorry for my mistake)

I do know of a “Doug” that repairs foot housings but that’s not his email and why
      wouldn’t you use Doug’s last name if you were connected in the boat racing
      family?

I got ripped off two years ago on what looked like an honest sale for a 44XS
      it wasn’t, lost $4000.00. No one helped me, this person used their real bank account
      address, name. No bank help, no police help, no help from the forum, (not this one) nothing.
      please be aware

touch photo to increase
      Same thing happened to me. I paid a deposit for a friend on a 25XS. The alleged seller had a different name that he used as an associate who verified the authenticity of the seller & that he was legitimate. My feeling is that is the same person. No help from the fraud department of Attorney Generals offices in Illinois & Florida whre he allegedly was from. Nor the local police. They all say that they had bigger issues to attend to.

Comment

• Picklepower
        Picklepower commented
        Editing a comment
        Check my latest edit. I feel like such an idiot. It was so legitimate. He had 3 people vouch for him. I did everything right up until the scam surfaced. Same thing from AG, his bank, local police, even called his neighbors. Contacted a private eye, he said that he had a history, cars, weapons, etc. Try to do this from out of the US? All just for a few hundred dollars at a time.
        Last edited by Picklepower; 11-11-2019, 10:45 AM. Reason: To update my story

• bh/
        bh/ commented
        Editing a comment
        Rod; -same operation, ie; "Fast shipping and trusted ." These guys are pros. When this was going down, I spent some time searching it, and came to the conclusion your vendor was legit, was a long haul trucker hauling reefers to the west coast, but was heavy into Harleys and hard a**ed women, not racing o/b's . That was the identity of some one they stole off FB. You were not the 1st, nor the last !

I got a very similar response to a request for a 302 flywheel about a year ago. It sounded fishy so I did not follow up.

“Hello,

Email Michael at pz994488@gmail.com regarding your request.He is located in Jonesville, NC 28642 USA . Fast shipping and trusted.”

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaRacer View Post
        I got a very similar response to a request for a 302 flywheel about a year ago. It sounded fishy so I did not follow up.

“Hello,

Email Michael at pz994488@gmail.com regarding your request.He is located in Jonesville, NC 28642 USA . Fast shipping and trusted.”
        That's exactly how my debacle started.

Comment

Being in agreement with you all on this I have blacklisted user karlll and in googling his ip address 51.15.59.9 I do not see anything to make me feel this individual is a legitimate person. As always continue to point these people out and I will do my best to mitigate what they are able to do on our site.

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

Working...
          X