Apba osy400 rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apba osy400 rules

Been searching & discussing but have conflicting answers.. Are 4 blade props aloud in this class .Not UIM

No 4 blades are not allowed. OSY 400 in APBA follow Stock Outboard C class rules and where the Pro Outboard Technical Manual differs from C Stock Catagory rules the C Stock Rules will always prevail and be followed. It is in bold type in the Pro Technical manual page 34, OSY 400 section.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

OSY 400 is a Pro class.....you are allowed to run 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 blade props.....you do not have to abide by Stock rules for props....only the engine tech specs...
        Last edited by mercguy; 10-29-2019, 04:15 PM.
        Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

That’s not correct. There are a couple of threads on here that discuss OSY 400, What’s the Difference From CSH to OSY 400 and USA OSY 400 to UIM 400. The class is built off of the UIM rules and nothing but 3 blades. If you allowed anything other than 3 blades it would kill the class and wouldn’t be inline with UIM rules which is the driver for the class. Most participants are Stock Outboard Racers and very few will invest in 4 blade props. I can’t find any literature in either rule book that specifically talks about props for the class but I’ve never seen anything but 3 blades in the class.

Comment

I have seen 4 blades used a few years ago at DePue . Actually the rig won all 3 heats. Lately been told they are illegal. The reason l ask the question is it it not written anywhere in the rules recently that they are not allowed. All l find is that the class started with 2 blades and the 3 blades were allowed. Nowhere in APBA rules( that l can find) does it say No Four blade props. Another Grey Area..Had no weight minimum but now follows UIM at 396 lbs. That’s 44 lbs. less than C stock which makes no sense over hear.
            Last edited by ddalton; 10-28-2019, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Over hear this is a Pro class.Should have no weight minimum. C-Stock motors are not legal by UIM rules. Only 300ss motors are.What a mixed up class. 44lbs less weight and blueprinted motors???

Comment

Oops ...Look what l Started..

Comment

For some clarity...
                  See page 21 of the 2019 Pro Tech Manual, Rule #6 "Propulsion must be by water propeller"

Page 34 of the 2019 Pro Tech Manual tells you what motors are legal in APBA OSY400. Essentially all Yamato motors are legal in OSY. For the motor to be legal is needs to pass STOCK inspection.

The min weight is 396 lbs.

Its a very fun class to race and watch. Anyone can get a Yamato and join the fun!
                  Attached Files

Comment

If there is a Prop rule for OSY, this thread is the first I have herd about it.. I have seen 4 blades run also
                    sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

See post above. No restriction on OSY props.

Comment

That’s what l thought, but some people in my country have been saying they are not legal. That’s why l started this thread to get better informed people in the conversation. Thanks everyone

Comment

Well this is news to me. Always thought it was 3 blades max. Doesn’t specify so I would use what ever I saw fit.

Comment

Originally posted by ddalton View Post
                            Over hear this is a Pro class.Should have no weight minimum. C-Stock motors are not legal by UIM rules. Only 300ss motors are.What a mixed up class. 44lbs less weight and blueprinted motors???
                            the class in APBA had no weight at one time, then the "Guido rule" was put back in place to have the UIM weight to keep him from dominating the class with his 330ish weight, but that added weight didn't stop him from winning...……..haha...………..run as many blades on your prop as you want...……..
                            Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X