DeSilva center fin location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeSilva center fin location

​ I recently acquired a 13ft DeSilva runabout that bottom needs finished with West and center fin drilled and mounted......Any suggestions finishing details and fin location from transom(?) would be appreciated.......I don't want to screw this up.
    100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Unless this is just a restoration, you would be much better off with a side fin ifyou intend to race it. I have run Desilva`s both ways. The side fin was the better choice.

Comment

Art::: Whatever happened to Bob Viola's purple A/B runabout.. I was under the impression you bought it.

Comment

Steve- On my DeSilva from edge of the bottom to the back of the fin was 36". It was a 13'6" though. When I re did the bottom and added the side fin I put it straight across from were center fin was. When we sprayed the bottom with West we had the boat flat with le el. I think it was a laser one. We put masking tape on the edge and transom and sprayed the west on. Can't remember just how much but never had any issues. Then ran the stick stone and made sure it was flat.

Comment

We raced the Viola Desilva several years. My son won a lot of races with it. It was one of his favorites.

Comment

get ahold of J-Dub I'm sure he would know

Comment

Thanks for the replies....... Boat does measure 13'6"" from bow tip to where transom meets the 24" wide bottom...... not sure what I'm going to do with this rig for now I just sit with a cold beer, stare at it and make my best 6 cyl LOOPER. impersonation........ LOL.......
              Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 10-19-2019, 08:11 AM.
              100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Working...
              X