Bob Lowrey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Lowrey

I am sorry to have to post this but my uncle Bob Lowrey passed away this past week. If you raced NOA or AOF in the late 60's and early 70's you probably remember him as a fierce and very successful compretitor. He will be sorely missed.
    "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress". -- John Adams

Originally posted by Dennis Crews View Post
    I am sorry to have to post this but my uncle Bob Lowrey passed away this past week. If you raced NOA or AOF in the late 60's and early 70's you probably remember him as a fierce and very successful compretitor. He will be sorely missed.
    sorry for your loss

Comment

Any relation to Charles from the St. Louis area??

Comment

Yes, Charles is Bob's cousin. Our family has been involved in boat racing for generations. Bob's father (my grandpa) Andy Lowrey and Charles' dad Herb were brothers and raced back in the 50's.
        "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress". -- John Adams

Comment

So sorry to hear that. Raced against Bob, great driver, competitor, friend. Also a boat builder along with his father and brother. Lowrey Hydros was the boat to have in the 70`s early 80`s They built 2 boats for us both were winners. Boy do I remember those ODA meetings at the Lowrey boat shop. Great times !!!!

Comment

• Larry M
            Larry M commented
            Editing a comment
            The first race boat I ever had was a Lowrey. I didn't know Bob personally but knew Charlie and about the Lowery's from being in the St. Louis club. As Art said they made a nice boat. RIP.

Condolences to the family, I won a lot of races with a 4 point Lowrey that Bob and Andy built.

Comment

Working...
          X