DOES ANYONE KNOW THE HISTORY OF 40-B "THE GLASS SLIPPER"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOES ANYONE KNOW THE HISTORY OF 40-B "THE GLASS SLIPPER"

I recently bought "The Glass Slipper online" and am restoring it. Does anyone know the history of the boat?

I know nothing about hydroplane racing and I am just stating to restore the boat, if anyone has any tips I'd love to hear them

I believe it is a D Stock boat, how big of an engine can I put on it? how fast should i expect it to be?

Thanks,
    Ian
    Attached Files

I am sure if you call Jack 'Glasses" Neely he will tell you the story for hours............he was the original owner. I am sure someone will give you his number if you request it here

Comment

what kind of engine should I put on it? i doubt I can race the boat but would love to drive it fast

Comment

Looks like your going through the exact same thing I am.

Comment

Just search special k and you will see that any questions you have have already been gone over about our old D- class shovelnose hydros.

Comment

Originally posted by theglassslipper View Post
          i recently bought "the glass slipper online" and am restoring it. Does anyone know the history of the boat?

I know nothing about hydroplane racing and i am just stating to restore the boat, if anyone has any tips i'd love to hear them

i believe it is a d stock boat, how big of an engine can i put on it? How fast should i expect it to be?

Thanks,
          ian
          glasses 617 571 6302

Comment

Pretty sure it is a Bezoats.

Comment

Thanks Bill, Jack and I just had a nice phone call

Comment

So what’s the story? Did you find out the make of the boat? When it was raced? What motor it had on it?

Comment

-did he say it was this BZ , the one he won the '76 Nationals with ???
                  Brian Hendrick, #66 F
                  "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

I think glassslipper got the info he needed an disappeared. Sure wanted to hear the story of that boat.

Comment

Yes it was a BEZOAT!
                      Kegs

Comment

Working...
                      X