Upcoming On Hydroracer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming On Hydroracer

Once again it is time to perform a security and function upgrade on hydroracer. In about two weeks I am anticipating taking time to make the upgrade happen with professional assistance from VBulletin who makes the software we run on. Please feel free to comment if you encounter problems an issues as the upgrade progresses. We are currently 5.1.9 as you can see at the very bottom of the page. Hopefully the only thing that will change will be that number.

~Teresa aka Mrs blueskyracer
    Last edited by Mrs blueskyracer; 10-13-2019, 09:32 AM.

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Hi Teresa.............i noticed that Ad's are now on top of posts being made within a thread..................

Is this going to continue with the new format?

Matt

Comment

Nothing has yet been changed so I am not quite sure exactly how that is happening. Hopefully that will resolve with the new issue. Matt, how long have you noticed that happening? This post was the first time I have seen it.

Comment

• Matt Dagostino
        Matt Dagostino commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe like 2 months.............

Matt, there has always been an ad at the top of every page, the new one I am seeing is the ad that is appearing right above the box you use to make a reply. The ads are what pays for the majority of the site expenses month to month. The donations that we receive each year go towards keeping the software upgraded. The one above the reply box is the one I have not previously seen.

Comment

• Matt Dagostino
        Matt Dagostino commented
        Editing a comment
        Agree..............just recently new ad's have been above the post's..............We all know ad's are necessary but i just noticed lately they are in the conversations

• Matt Dagostino
        Matt Dagostino commented
        Editing a comment
        Also i noticed this weekend my normal way of getting on the site will not work.........i get a blank white screen. However when i Google Hydroracer.net it pops up and i click on it and the site works.........i talked to another user today and he has the same issue. I plan to erase my old path to get to the site and i guess go on google and save the path that worked for me this weekend

• nail33
        nail33 commented
        Editing a comment
        www.hydroracer.net does not work for me in Google Chrome......just a blank white page. It works fine however in FireFox. Please show the correct address for hydroracer for Chrome. Thanks.

try the path of hydroracer.net/forums/home. I too have the same issue with the old address I was using. I find that strange since nothing has been changed by me on the site. I am hoping some of this will be resolved when we do the upgrade. I believe part of it is due to the age of the software we are currently running.

Comment

• nail33
        nail33 commented
        Editing a comment
        OK........thanks. That path works!
        FYI - I tried the old path again and now I get a white page with the words: test test
        Last edited by nail33; 09-30-2019, 05:37 AM.

i get the same 'test test' when i use the old address. it also says it is not secure and maybe that could be an issue with some firewalls.
      frank novotny
      52-E

Comment

Since changes were made to the site the header of the site has 2 overlapping pics. This is happening on my browser that is Chrome based and it also happens on straight Chrome.

Don Saulsbury

HydroRacerHeader.JPG
        Last edited by Mrs blueskyracer; 10-12-2019, 02:07 PM.

Comment

• mrlou40
          mrlou40 commented
          Editing a comment
          thats what drinking moonshine does to the eyes

Yes you are correct and I have not yet been able to resolve that. Working on it but can't find where the code is fouled. I will be continuing to look.

Comment

Working...
        X