Is there any vintage hydro races?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any vintage hydro races?

Does anyone ever hold a vintage race so people that love the old stuff can race, or someone like me that has one and is not yet ready to purchase or build a modern rig?

Originally posted by Special K View Post
    Does anyone ever hold a vintage race so people that love the old stuff can race, or someone like me that has one and is not yet ready to purchase or build a modern rig?
    I think at some or the AOMCI (Antique Outboard Motor Club Inc.) meets have boats run around the water.... Not necessarily racing but just for fun and exhibition. Check out the AOMCI website.
    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

I know vintage outboards are welcome at any APBA vintage inboard event. There are a few outboards running that circuit. Keep in mind however that the vintage class does not actually race against each other. It is a special event so there is no competition. The boats run on a course and may 'look' like they are racing but they are doing what is known as flyby's.......there is no insurance for actual competition. You get to run your boat and have a great time...

Comment

That sure sounds like a good time. I’m not very competitive because winnings never been my strong suit.😁😁😁

Comment

The Deck team of Dave and his dad usually enter A-MODIFED Hydro(250 H), 25-MODIFIED(400H) and B-MODIFIED Hydro with their KG-7 H and rare vintage KG-7H.and run a race in a race...... They have helped keep those classes from extinction and members in those classes from extinction and off the beach.....I have a couple Super 10 Wizards and a factory KG-4H about to join them as my 64 year old knees have advised LOUDLY. !!!.....COME join us and help save the dinosores( speel chek!).......
          100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Oops ment to say their 20H and rare KG-7H........ LMASSOFF.......sorta.......
            100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

There is an AOMCI meet every Sept at Schroon Lake ,NY where we run our hydros. We had 2 20H poppers, a conventional 20H, a25SS and a 25 XS running. Lots of fun.
              Last edited by 3autility; 10-03-2019, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Race Boat Museum Regatta this AUG @Clayton NY has vintage I/B's &O/B's running for 2 days.
                Good place to get a i/d on that boat.
                Brian Hendrick, #66 F
                "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

Working...
                X