No announcement yet.

Motor advise for a newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live in Ohio. East of Cleveland on the shore of Lake Erie. Can see the lake from my house to check water conditions before we go fishing or take out a jet ski. No hydro events way up here that I know of. Seems I would have to drive 3 1/2 hours to one in Springfield Ohio maybe.

Comment

• dwhitford
      dwhitford commented
      Editing a comment
      A regatta in Franklin. PA, just south of Erie, is coming up quite soon, not so far for you to drive. Check the APBA website for the regatta date.

Originally posted by Special K View Post
    Does anyone have any links to any videos of boats running a y80? Not much on YouTube unless I should be searching for something other than Yamato 80
    I haven't raced my Y80 since the 70's, but I still use it every year just for fun. They are an extremely reliable motor. It would probably push your rig somewhere in the 50mph's, maybe more if tweeked. Here's a video of mine from a couple of years ago on a shovel-nose hydro I used to race:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeI_fTskch8

Comment

That proves without a doubt that my boat will be fine and the motor will work great. Thanks for the video.

Comment

Anyone interested in a brand new racing exhaust. Never had exhaust through them. Payed $550 for it back before I started to educate myself.

Comment

Anyone interested in a brand new racing exhaust. Never had exhaust through them. Payed $550 for it back before I started to educate myself.
          is there a filler block required for that exhaust?

Comment

Has filler block mounted already.

Comment

Wow... Looks like a good deal to me... it should sell. As mentioned before, try also selling on EBay. And the rest of the motor also... in addition to the AOMCI web site.

Good luck with your project.... the Yamato Y80 will be perfect for you.
              sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Originally posted by DeanFHobart View Post

Wow... Looks like a good deal to me... it should sell. As mentioned before, try also selling on EBay. And the rest of the motor also... in addition to the AOMCI web site.

Good luck with your project.... the Yamato Y80 will be perfect for you.
                Welcome to the racing family!!!

Also check out BoatRacingFacts.com for selling and buying parts:
                http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/index.php

Here's a link for the Y80 manual as well:
                http://www.yamatoracing.com/y80manual.pdf

Another link for buying Yamato parts and new engines:
                https://www.yamatoeurope.co.uk/

Comment

I will not sell the exhaust on eBay. I’m not giving it away and they charge a crazy fee for buy it now and then 10% when it sells. I’m not jacking the price up on someone that needs it just to cover what eBay will take from me. Word of mouth on here or somewhere else will sell it at no extra cost to me or anyone that needs it.

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys. Put the exhaust on AOMCI and it sold to a mercury collector in no time. That helps cushion my blow when it痴 time to pay Tom Cronk for the Yamato.

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys. Put the exhaust on AOMCI and it sold to a mercury collector in no time. That helps cushion my blow when it’s time to pay Tom Cronk for the Yamato.
                      Great Special K,

I知 glad to see that you used the AOMCI site.... cool... the rest of the motor should sell there also.
                      sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

I hope your right but I wonder if the size of a motor and getting it to someone will hinder most sales. Same problem I知 going to have getting a motor from Florida to Ohio. Shipping on this merc may be more than the powerhead is even worth.

Comment

I think if someone really wants it, they will pay the required shipping cost.
                          sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Well looks like the exhaust is still for sale. The guy that wanted it beat me up $50 on the price then wanted me to eat half the cost to ship it to Canada which is not cheap. That’s why I always refuse to ship anything to Canada. I致e looked way back in my email and see these were purchased from Derek Gesler. Does that name mean anything in the sport?
                            Last edited by Special K; 08-30-2019, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Special K how about an update on you progress, did you receive the Y80 from Tom already?
                              Pete
                              "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
                              No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Working...
                              X