LOCK HAVEN POST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOCK HAVEN POST

There was a post early this morning about the Lock Haven Race. Where did it go?
    Kegs

Did not see the post but as the chairperson for the event it is on and looking good

Comment

• Flatiron
      Flatiron commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking forward to crossing the Lock after the Races and listening to the bands

The Lock Haven race has always been ‘The Second Summer Nationals’... I have never been able to attend.
    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

• ajennings4p
      ajennings4p commented
      Editing a comment
      You should come sometime. Believe we had close to 600 entry's last year over the 3 days.

http://www.lockhaven.com/news/local-...oung-recruits/
    Kegs

Comment

• Graham
      Graham commented
      Editing a comment
      So - What does this mean going forward?

I felt bringing this to the local medium will help with recruiting new members. As far as the race for this year, its on and we are all ready looking ahead to the 50th in 2020. I will not walk away from Labor Day and plan on being around to help train the next generation of Jaycees so the event can still be held well into the future. I knew doing this would setup shock waves about the event. That was a big part of the reason I did it.

Comment

This is not an uncommon occurrence. Today's younger generation has no call to service. Not just boat racing events but many community festivals are being cancelled due to lack of membership from the younger generation. I wish I knew when and how the call to service went by the wayside but it has and we must find a way to get it back.

This may be a broad stroke but many people who complain about a lack of services in a community are often the ones who never volunteer but always find fault. A couple hours for one weekend a year is not to much to ask or is it.

Comment

Working...
      X