Shipping a hydro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping a hydro

Anyone have any experience shipping a hydroplane? Possibly looking to get a boat shipped from the West coast to Ontario or even any states within a 6-8 hour radius. Does anyone know of any shipping companies or have any suggestions?

Wesley Hammond
    905-442-5402

Just food for thought.. Find a flat bed hauler in your area who is willing to help. The seller on the west coast could build a rack that the boat is tied to.
    The longitudinal rails of the rack would be long enough to strap on them not the boat. The boat & rack rides on the flat bed load . Also have the boat seller staple a blue tarp to the rack covering the boat. Flat bed loads like shingles.. lumber,,, you get the idea.

Comment

Could you find a boat racer who might be traveling in those directions? The Boat Racing Underground Railroad works well.

Just ask on this site. Good luck. Although it is too late now, there were people traveling from the West Coast to Michigan for the Stock Outboard Nationals in the last couple of weeks.
      sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

• wesleyhammond89
        wesleyhammond89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Don’t know too many people from the Washington area. But I’m willing to pay to get it done if anyone knows of anyone

Hello,

So the boat is in Washington.... is that correct. If it is, what part of Washington is it?

Put a post here ... Boat Transport From Washington to where ever would be convenient for you. Good Luck.
      sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

• wesleyhammond89
        Editing a comment
        Correction* it’s Portland Oregon. If it can get anywhere remotely close to any of Ontario’s borders. Like I said I don’t mind using a shipping company if anyone knows of one.

If the Underground Railroad doesn’t work.... try calling Trucking Company’s...... they often have empty trucks coming back from the west and you can get a discount. There are also companies called something like ‘Freight Forwarding’... check it out. Good luck.
      sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

There is a guy on scream and fly that does that.His name is Frank Mole I will get contact info for you.
        Bob

Comment

would be pretty easy to find somebody from seattle outboard association or Columbia outboard we go between oregon and washington often and some wouldnt mind doing the weekend trip if you paying gas its likely a lot cheaper than a shipping company as well as most of us already have the trailers with racks built to haul them or depending on time frame theres usually a couple cali guys that come to washington for the lawrence record race at the end of the year thats your best bet and most cost effective infact nationals were just in mich you could have found somebody heading from washington to there pretty easy sometimes some of the east coast guys come out to lawrence for the end of the year as well check into it
          Last edited by shrockj; 07-30-2019, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• wesleyhammond89
            Editing a comment
            Don’t mind paying someone’s costs to make the drive, if there’s someone who enjoys driving. Just simply don’t have the time to do it myself.

www.frankmoletransport.com
          Bob

Comment

Working...
          X