What is F500?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is F500?

I've seen results for this and have no idea what the class is.

Tim
    Tim Weber

Originally posted by Tim Weber View Post
    I've seen results for this and have no idea what the class is.

Tim
    is is the STOCK 45SS class that is now in the Pro Division, since stock eliminated the class effective Nov 2019.
    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

In Europe the UIM F500 hull is a full tunnel boat
      HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Marian Jung was the 2018 UIM F500 Champion, notice the boat is a full tunnel
        HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Seems like a good fit in PRO. Glad the class didn't go away.
          "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

F500 is the premier F (Pro) outboard class in Europe. It is a tunnel hull with a 4 cylinder VRP or Rossi 500 cc motor using hydraulic trim plus up-and-down to go with the sliding pipes so the driver has plenty to play with. Performance is similar to our SST-120 or F2 boats. It is pretty intense racing for the factory teams. Marian Jung with a VRP motor was champion the previous 2 years. I watched him test one day last summer and was amazed at what they ran in one day. We have enough difficulty getting the single cylinder 125 motor tuned well and the 500 guys essentially are running 4 125 motors.

Comment

Would like to see the USTS allow the UIM boat design. They are impressive.

Comment

F 500 is running today in Poland. I don't have internet at the shop but Marcin Zielinski had posted something earlier on his FB page. You should be able to find videos of that race in Poland or the earlier race at Boretto Italy italy if you search a bit. Gmina Znin on FB may have some videos as well.
                Last edited by Team B&H; 06-29-2019, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Don View Post
                  Seems like a good fit in PRO. Glad the class didn't go away.
                  Sarcasm?

How is a tunnel boat that uses a stock motor, running on gas and oil and has a weight a good fit for the Pro category?

Last time I looked, 4-5 years ago, there were maybe 15 wet bottoms in all of APBA...

Comment

• Big Don
                    Big Don commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No sarcasm at all.

Ok, thanks.

What do you think makes 45SS a good fit for Pro?

IMO, I could see Mod, but Pro seems odd to me...

Comment

Originally posted by ricochet112 View Post

Sarcasm?

How is a tunnel boat that uses a stock motor, running on gas and oil and has a weight a good fit for the Pro category?

Last time I looked, 4-5 years ago, there were maybe 15 wet bottoms in all of APBA...
                    Not sure also that it's a good fit in PRO, but you need to look at the SST45 drivers in the OPC category. There are over 30 & consistently have 20+ at most of their races. California raced both the 45SST (SO) & 45SST (OPC) at all of their races so the drivers could pile up SO points.
                    It certainly has a lot more entries per race then a lot of SO classes do at most races, and I', a SO'er & OPC'er at heart. Yes & PRO as well.

Comment

It makes sense because their are already divers on site for the capsule pro hydros.
                      Joe Silvestri
                      CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
                      JH/JR

Comment

• Racerkyle20
                        Racerkyle20 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Bingo. The PRO category added F500 to encourage the Euro style racing (Tunnel/capsule Hydro's) here in the US. The class was only introduced in APBA PRO last season with no entries. So with stock eliminating the 45 Stock class, PRO had a proposal in Orlando to add it to the F500 class. The proposal passed, that is why the Stock 45 class is now running in PRO. Currently I believe the main entries are coming from region 10.

Originally posted by jsilvestri View Post
                      It makes sense because their are already divers on site for the capsule pro hydros.
                      GOOD CATCH Joe,but thats only if they run the 500, 700 & 1100 that aren't on the APBA Pro schedules. I really didn't even think of that, but they won't come to a Pro race unless they can run a mini marathon of at least 15 laps.

Comment

As a race director that makes sense. If one has a Pro capsule boat on the schedule the 45's can join in easily then.

Comment

It also helped the class to keep running in Region 10 races.
                          sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Working...
                          X