Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Production Bass Gear Case

Did the early production gear cases have a bit different mounting stud pattern than the current ones?
    I have the 2 cylinder FE motor and mid that John Runne and Anthony Mcullugh ran for a while back in the day...
    I was told that they ran a Bass lower unit, however mine does not match up to the holes in the adaptor plate of the mid section.. which is a Hustler. Any one have any input on the history of this ?

Re: Early Production Bass Gear Case

Gun; -this the early model I think u are referring to. I had one but never used it. Mine had the usual 4 stud Konig pattern, but there is so much meat there, it could have been drilled for almost anything.
    Super Splinter likes this.
    Brian Hendrick, #66 F
    "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

-this is Farmer John & Anthony back in 2004, and that 2cyl motor. Looks like the 2nd Ed. 100T Bass case ?, Those two were always; 'outside the box', so who knows ?
      We called that rig the 'Hoover-Craft' for obvious reasons.
      Brian Hendrick, #66 F

Comment

-the 2nd Ed Bass case , which I thought was c2010 ?
        This one looks like it was drilled Konig pattern
        but again could be any thing ?
        bh/
        Brian Hendrick, #66 F

Comment

Yes, definitely the first picture. Is the hole in the side for an additional cooling hose ?

Comment

• bh/
            bh/ commented
            Editing a comment
            -yes, that 1/4 inch pipe thread hole near the top was where the cooling water came out going up to the p/h.

Did the early production gear cases have a bit different mounting stud pattern than the current ones?
          I have the 2 cylinder FE motor and mid that John Runne and Anthony Mcullugh ran for a while back in the day...
          I was told that they ran a Bass lower unit, however mine does not match up to the holes in the adaptor plate of the mid section.. which is a Hustler. Any one have any input on the history of this ?
          Sid never changed the bolt pattern on any of his units they were always the 4 stud Konig pattern but there were some who special ordered gear cases with other options or made adaptor plates and changed the mountings from stock production.

Comment

Working...
          X