36 Runabout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to learn a little on the class.

Reason for bringing this up was the talk of Mercury possibly wanting to get back into stock outboard racing with a 20hp four stroke outboard, not sure too sure about specs but this is the future of our sport. If a service lower unit is used, I feel it will be similar to the 36 class and could be as popular as it once was as well.

Comment

Here’s a pic of one of Dad’s (Riggs Smith) boats - a 1959 Sid Craft Hornet, with mid 1960s West Bend/Chrysler 35. Currently on display at the Antique Boat Museum.

Comment

• rumleyfips
        rumleyfips commented
        Editing a comment
        That second photo looks like docks and boathouse, Read's marina, Fishers Landing , late 60's.

Here’s a couple pics of the boat on display. I told my kiddos they were likely the only ones allowed to play in the display, AKA Gramps’ boat!
      Last edited by Chinewalker; 05-06-2019, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• bh/
        bh/ commented
        Editing a comment
        Scott; -thanx for posting that pic. I could not find my copy, but well recall the day when we used to have AOMC spring & fall work days at the ABM , and a few of us we assigned to 're-finishing' that boat, so it could be put on display . I am proud to say my late brother John and I worked on that rig.
        Last edited by bh/; 05-09-2019, 05:29 PM.
    Working...
    X