Cut Resistant Footware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cut Resistant Footware

So I have been trying to find boots to go along with my cut socks and have been having a bit of trouble finding anything here in Canada. Dewalt has a Kevlar infused sneaker type but it does not cover the ankle. I have found chainsaw boots online that are cut resistant to European Class 2 cut resistant. Which is 24m/s chain speed. Any idea how effective this would be against a propeller? I suppose at this stage it’s definately better than running shoes. They are a bit expensive at $499.00 and when the new rule comes in I wouldn’t want them not to conform and have to purchase something else. Any opinions out there ?

Here’s what I plan on using Harold. I’m going to replace the laces with kevlar ones. There are an NSR water shoe, heavy cordura nylon with drain holes. Using with cut socks. I sent an email with pics of these shoes over to Lifeline so hopefully in the not to distant future we will see a water shoe protective product developed specifically for outboarders. Andrew wants to take a look at these, we haven’t been able to hook up at this point.

Comment

I'd recommend something with a steel toe or safety toe. There are many boot and/or shoe options out there. Pair that with the kevlar socks. I lost part of my foot before I learned this lesson so take it for worth!!!

Comment

I meant take it for what its worth!

Comment

Problem is there is nothing out there designed for water emersion. Leather and water do not mix. There are some synthetic material options out there but still not made for water. I would think the socks would be enough, especially if doubled. In the case of losing part of your foot, were you wearing any cut protection at all? ie. socks? Fact is, still nothing out there specifically designed for outboard racing. It’s the same story as the helmets, not specifically designed for boat racing but better than nothing, right?

Comment

Get the Dewalt Argons. Full Kevlar upper in a high top boot. I have a pair and saw 4 other guys wearing at Millville this weekend.
            The DeWALT Argon is a lightweight, rugged, waterproof work boot with the feel of a stylish hiker. The entire upper is made of Kevlar with a high quality leather overlay, making this one of the most durable
            11P Joe Sees III

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-Mens-A...mr0&th=1&psc=1

Comment

Call SRP their Kevlar boots are only $175. I bought them over the offseason and wore them at Jesup for the first time and they are very nice.
                Ryan Brewster 57-S

Comment

In my incident, I spun out and I stayed in the boat but my foot got outside the cockpit and then when another boat collided with me, my foot ended up in between. I was wearing a neoprene shoe which was little to no protection. There was no cutting whatsoever. The neoprene shoe was just fine but my big toe was completely severed from the crushing effect of the impact. No guarantee that a steel toe or safety toe shoe/boot would have have been the answer but if I had a do-over, I feel it would have helped!!!

The socks should help with cutting protection. The safety toe shoe/boot will help protect against crushing type injury like mine so if you want double protection, go that route!

Comment

• deeougee
                    deeougee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks for the clarification on what happened to you. I never thought of that before. Something else to think about now. That’s making me rethink hand protection now too.
                Working...
                X