Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMC B1

What is the best lowerunit to use for the OMC 22cc b1 350 mod

Merc 16:21 or hotrod 14:19 (pretty sure on ratio....)

This opens the door to MANY props. Most 750 mod wheels will be right in the ballpark as will 25SSH props.

Comment

Charlie--- Modhydro is right on target. Would love to have out there playing with us.. Rick

Comment

I suppose I should’ve been more descriptive. Is there an advantage or disadvantage between the two. What’s the differences with the gears

Comment

I only have experience with the mercury unit,,, but have been beat before by the hot rod unit. Probably whatever you can get or what access to props you have... either can work..

Comment

Using a hot rod foot (14/19) Does this limit the tiger props that can be run. do I have to run a smaller wheels or can I run the larger wheels like as in a 750 wheel

Comment

• Roskowski30h
              Roskowski30h commented
              Editing a comment
              I run large 750ish props on the hot rod unit

• bh/
              bh/ commented
              Editing a comment
              -does the HR unit not run w/o a water pump as a Mod ?

• Roskowski30h
              Roskowski30h commented
              Editing a comment
              You can run with our without a water pump in the hot rod unit, its a matter of personal preference. There is no appreciable difference in performance. I have one unit with and one without

The numbers are... 16:21 = 76.19% and 14:19 = 73.68% .... Therefore the Hot Rod unit could run a slightly larger propeller. However the ratios are so close it is possible you might not notice a difference.

The answer is testing, testing, testing.
            Last edited by DeanFHobart; 04-23-2019, 08:37 AM.
            sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

• Rex Hall
              Rex Hall commented
              Editing a comment
              You could also run a GRM 11:15 unit, at 73.33% and it is probably the stongest unit of the bunch.

I like the combo of hot rod foot with short tower and the adapter plate and shaft are all over

Comment

David and I have three (3) OMC B-1 engines we are selling. All three have Mercury Quicksilver lower units. One has a steel stick tower and two have aluminum towers. Two are listed on our website. http://store.aeroliner-boats.com/epa...gories/Engines

Comment

Im currently building a b1 on a omc 15A

Comment

Working...
                X