Trying to find any racing history on my Crescent outboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to find any racing history on my Crescent outboard

I was hoping someone on this site my have seen this outboard? I am in northern NJ and picked it up at an estate sale last year in the back of a dilapidated garage. I'm in the process of restoring it. But I would like to learn about it possible race history. It was painted blue with a silver midsection and clamps. The officials red paint marks are still on the lower unit. It does have an upgraded ignition system to eliminate points float.

So if you remember seeing this Outboard in the past racing I would love to know it's history.

Thanks
    James

Noticing the small carburetors, my guess is that this is a gasoline engine run in the Super C class in the 1970s and early '80s. The alky Crescents had larger carburetors. Whose estate did you buy from? Dick O'Day' in Paterson was the importer for all the Crescents.

Comment

Yes this one is the gas version I bought it out of northern New Jersey in Randolph. I have been in contact with dick but he does not recall anyone with that color combination racing.

Comment

• hshawwpba
        hshawwpba commented
        Editing a comment
        If you plan on running it start looking for a spare crankshaft that was the weak part of these engines they were great motors and fast but the cranks go away if you put any demand on the engine.
    Working...
    X