New SlashPRO cut suit arrived.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SlashPRO cut suit arrived.

My new SlashPRO turtle neck jacket and pants have arrived from the United Kingdom. Right off the bat they fit perfectly and are as comfortable as a track suit......and you know us Italians love our track suits. Howie Nichols suggested I go up one size on the pants and he was right. They are short wasted, so ordering up one size improves that, other wise you will probably be flashing everyone in the pits. The other thing is the zipper is left handed.....must be an English thing but no big deal. My experience dealing with SlashPRO was 100% positive. They explained to me that the pants were on back order and would take 3-5 weeks to ship. The actual order was placed on February 21 and arrived today, March 4th (jacket and pants).........total cost including shipping came to $464.02 without any discounts. Please note, when I first ordered online the total included tax.....I emailed them as to why and they simply removed it.

Are those grey or orange in colour? Question, are those tight fitting garments? I was under the impression that you would want cut resistant clothing loose fitting for protection?

Comment

They are basically grey, the material is actually made of differing degrees of black and grey weave. They are not tight like cycling or speed skating skin suits. They fit pretty much just like the standard Kevlar suits but much more comfortable......

Comment

Post pics of the stuff..
        Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

I was looking at that Cut-Tex fabric to make socks. Cut level 5. Is there a difference in the thickness from the “standard” cut suits, and therefore the cut resistance?

Comment

The cut resistant material sounds like Dyneema, does not absorb water and has a slick, slippery feel. John Adams

Comment

• Dave Cofone
              Dave Cofone commented
              Editing a comment
              This isn't Dyneema (which I was also looking at) It is CutTex PRO material which is similar but has a higher Cut resistance rating and is less expensive. It seems to be the go to material for European racers just like Kevlar is over here in the States. I would venture to guess that they are looking for someone here in the States to carry it.......I hope that happens because it is so much better than what we have.....hint....hint.....raceboat safety companies.......might be worth a look.

Another newbie here. What are you guys doing for shoes? Special, Cut Shoes, or just something durable? Need help fast! About to start testing !!

Comment

• ryanbrew57s
              ryanbrew57s commented
              Editing a comment
              you can order Kevlar boots from SRP, they will take a few weeks to get to you. but in the mean time for testing you can just wear a work boot. website is http://securityrace.com/

Thanks ryanbrew57s !

Comment

Working...
            X