Pro/Mod Nationals in Constanine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro/Mod Nationals in Constanine

Hey Guys, does anyone know what membership is needed to be able to run the Pro/Mod Nationals in Constantine? I know Indiana Outboard puts on the show, but isn't it also an APBA race? I will have a deck rider as well so I will need to do a membership for them as well.

APBA membership

Comment

Talk to Mike Thirlby this weekend

Comment

What John said APBA.

Comment

Apba and also a Club Membership. For a Nationals it cannot be a weekend membership. Has to be a full membership
          David Everhart S52
          Avatar credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Never could figure out why you need to join a club to run APBA. is it $$$$$$.

Comment

If no one joined clubs, then there wouldn't be any racing.If you don't currently belong to a club that may be near you and participate, then the least you can do is help with the costs via a membership without the participation.Then take the cost of most clubs and that might be less than a dinner anywhere., i would much prefer the help!That is a great race to attend what ever your cost may be, it will be worth it!

Comment

I know last year they allowed us to do a weekend memberships I was just trying to see if there was any changes.

Comment

• boatracer69r
                  boatracer69r commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If I remember right, you can register for a weekend, but if you win you can't claim the championship. It would go to the 2nd place finisher.

If you can’t pay for a membership you shouldn’t be racing!

Most of us have thousands of dollars in equipment.

You can’t tell me $200 is killing you.

The APBA does a lot! The organization has all of boat racing under the UIM banner in North America. It holds the only recognized world championship races and nationally recognized races on the international stage.

Apba has manufactures activiley trying to work with the organization to improve power boat racing.

Apba has representation all over the world and is the organization in North America that means something based on records and world prominence.

If racers are too politically biased to see the truth, so be it,

There is a place racing in 2nd tier events.

APBA is the North American cradle of boat racing. The sooner we agree the better for all that boat race. APBA is boat racing on the highest level. We need no forget that

Tim

Tim
                Tim Weber

Comment

• dwhitford
                  dwhitford commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good on you for your rant, Tim!

• dil/viller
                  dil/viller commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Geez, the original post was a simple request for info. Geez, than the comment about why should one have to join a club seemed to stir up some in your face response as to the cost of competing. Geez, to some and this does not make them bad, a xtra $200.00 cost to race could very well make the trip unaffordable not just for this weekend but for any. You can't forget the travel expense, the hotels [ and how far to travel for these hotels ] over the racing season. So how about someone in charge of this event answering the original ? . I am pretty sure, yes you must join APBA and the categories you want to race in for that season [ unclear about the single event membership for a nationals ]. + a club .

• lilman3m9
                  lilman3m9 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Tim, mind if I ask who you are ranting to or about?

Unless rules have changed that I didn't know about you cannot race a Nationals with a single event membership. Cost of a club membership is usually next to nothing. Nationals at Constantine have been well worth what I have spent on them. I am getting to be an older person and want to race as much as I can. Single event memberships are for someone starting or trying it out to see if they like it. If you raced last year and want to do it again why wouldn't you go all in and have the option to do it all year. Not being nasty or in your face, just answering your question
                David Everhart S52
                David Everhart S52
                Avatar credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Is the USTS accepted? Our original club, Eastern Outboard Racing Club, is no longer in existing.

Comment

• dlmurray
                    dlmurray commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Bob, the USTS is a member club of APBA. Dues were paid for 2019.

Same comments every year. Andy asks a simple question and next thing you know every ones opinions are posted. The past few years APBA let the pro drivers do a single event to try and get more Pro drivers to come. I know this because I did single event. Andy Join IOA at the race site.
                  sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Working...
                  X