Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• revengable
    replied
    There are race sites where the possum cops, first responders and maître d’s are glad to see us come to their lake. Some places the reception is rather cool. We must be on our best behavior lest we wear out our welcome. The locals don't differentiate between the groups, to them we are all "boat racers".

Terry

Leave a comment:

• rcnfan71
    replied
    If you look at certain race sites the town welcomes the racers and their families. I'm a spectator and also help put on a race. Where I'm from we welcome the interaction between the groups. I think that u can have a happy medium between them.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Cofone
    commented on 's reply
    Let me just throw this in. One of the things that attracted me to this sport was the abcense of spectators. The first race I attended looked like a bunch of racers all having fun with their race boats. I have in the past been involved with inboards and the crowds, hot dog vendors, face painters, and the expense of all of it not to mention sparring with the town to get permits and sponsorship money........The outboard folks just seemed to be having fun enjoying their rigs and shooting the breeze at the race site. That is what appeals to me......and is one reason I decided to get involved......just my 2 cents.

• Hydro doc
    replied
    Leaving to the air port to the meeting in Orlando. Unfortunately we fly from Tulsa to Chicago, then to Orlando. We go to exchange ideas to how best to continue our sport. Do we want to appeal to spectators or just have the sport appeal to drivers. We don't have a promoter or a race site that has weekly races like car races. Our sport is run by participants.

Leave a comment:

• Hydro doc
    commented on 's reply
    Jason does help us.

• Matt Dagostino
    replied
    Originally posted by Hydro doc View Post
    Our website, Whatsupdocracing.com has been up dated to include the races we plan to attend in 2019. The other big news is we have downsized our motor home to a forty foot discovery . John Ruff has volunteered to help drive and cook for the aging team. Braxton will drive most of the boats, while Rick will pit with Charley Holman, Tony Anderson and Doc Miller. Occasionally, others will come on board to help us with 6 boats. Patrick Kane from Grove will travel with us at times, as he has AX boats and a 20 boat. Jason Dirksen found him a new Clearwater Hydro. Jason is building us a laydown D Stock Hydro, with support from Larry Darneille. Braxton attends a A and P school in Tulsa, ok. , has been working on a number of our motors. With 13 motors, there is a lot of work on motors, and we ask others to help us. Again, check out our website.
    Doc....i suggest you pit with Jason to help you lift all those boats he built for you........i hear he has a strong back....))))

Leave a comment:

• Hydro doc
    started a topic What's up Doc? Race Team news

What's up Doc? Race Team news

Our website, Whatsupdocracing.com has been up dated to include the races we plan to attend in 2019. The other big news is we have downsized our motor home to a forty foot discovery . John Ruff has volunteered to help drive and cook for the aging team. Braxton will drive most of the boats, while Rick will pit with Charley Holman, Tony Anderson and Doc Miller. Occasionally, others will come on board to help us with 6 boats. Patrick Kane from Grove will travel with us at times, as he has AX boats and a 20 boat. Jason Dirksen found him a new Clearwater Hydro. Jason is building us a laydown D Stock Hydro, with support from Larry Darneille. Braxton attends a A and P school in Tulsa, ok. , has been working on a number of our motors. With 13 motors, there is a lot of work on motors, and we ask others to help us. Again, check out our website.
Working...
X