Jesup D Stock Hydro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesup D Stock Hydro

Roll call for the D Stock Hydro. Who will compete in the D Stock Hydro? Braxton will bring his D Stock Hydro.

Maybe I should say "Braxton is not driving in the D Stock".

Comment

I know of a few, Andrew Jecman, a new racer will be there. Herb Lamphear will be there too. Just need a few more.

Comment

While D Stock Hydro is growing in NBRA, APBA participation has decline. A number of D Stock hydros are located in Wisconsin. It's the only large engine that you can buy off the shelf from APBA. Lot of Mercurys are still out there.

Comment

Class is strong in region 10, maybe if the stock commission would take the height restriction off the Tahotsu engine and make both D engines run equally the class would be even better! Not sue why the stock commission still protects the Mercury engine in this class it is a dead none produced engine.

Comment

The Great N.West folks are having fun. Now and again, a Fon Due Lacker will get out there and run like stink. Sometimes they beat em and sometimes they don't, but they still have fun... or so it seems. The trouble is, out here in the big world of all kinds of people there don't seem to be too many who just can't wait to play with little wooden boats. You and I know the fun they are missing out on..., but they don't. And, when we present "Classes" to them which don't seem to make good sense they ...or at least many of "they" just get confounded and move on. It doesn't take much to cause that "move on" to happen. Just one conversation with a Merc-a-holic will ensure that "they" won't bother with one uv them expensive hotsu's. And, then, if the day is sunny and the temperature is right one of the disgruntled Merc25XS owners will chime in about how the railroad works and the idea of boat racing is DOA.

Comment

Pretty sure a Tohatsu has won the last 3-4 Nationals, won High Points, and set the DSH record this year. Seems to be the motor to beat.

Comment

• hshawwpba
                hshawwpba commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes and just imagine if the height restriction was taken off so it could run same height as the "discontinued" merc engine what the speed and future records could reach even thou the Tohatsu is heavier than the merc engine.

• pav225
                pav225 commented
                Editing a comment
                It's already faster than the Merc. Why would you need to go higher to beat the Merc by even more?

NBRA has made the D motors, 40 merc mods. And the stock Tohatsu legal in the 44 ci class called E runabout. This make a good field of the big runabouts. The Tohatsu was already legal in the se runabout. It is also legal to run a 44 merc in the SE runabout as it is in APBA. Without aleast 5 boats in a class we are boring.

Comment

Originally posted by pav225 View Post
                Pretty sure a Tohatsu has won the last 3-4 Nationals, won High Points, and set the DSH record this year. Seems to be the motor to beat.
                I think the last 6yrs....
                Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Really think NBRA is going to have to make the same change for the Hydros. Hatsu`s are expensive, but really not much more than building a complete Mod 44. Speed wise our Hatsu on the Run. is getting darn close to our 44mod. and our 44 mod is a winner.And I can assure you is hell of lot more dependable.

Comment

Tohatsu on three cylinders is faster than a merc on three. Lol.

Comment

I wrote a big piece on comparable rules in the two groups, but it was not printed on this site. Said it needed to be edited. I hope the editor prints it.

Comment

• ram95
                        ram95 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Uh Ohh... hahahahaa, I can't wait.
                        Alex

I like that last word Art.. DEPENDABLE..kind of goes along with my ad in Propeller with the mantra Dude..Get Off The Beach!!

Speaking of ads, be sure to check out my full and half page ads in the 2019 Propeller. The full page version features the 95M and Josh Pearson in his RAM50 powered D Runabout. While in the background we have a nice photo of Hotsu Hydros out of Region 10 courtesy of Daren aka Mercguy hissef.

Both ads have a little bit of a twist to them, so don't be offended. And, you know what they say if you can't take a joke... yupp, hahaha like, Dude.. Get Off The Beach.
                      Last edited by ram95; 02-03-2019, 08:25 AM.

Comment

To summarize my article, NBRA has change its rules to Aline with APBA, with a few exceptions. The D class with the tohatsu weight is 500 lbs. there.

Comment

You know what.., I'm kinda taking a liking to that weight. I used to get upset because the boat had to have so much lead tossed in it so I could make weight. But, since I've been out here enjoying life more I've added a few pounds to my gut and butt.., all those Happy Meals on the way to the race always taste so good along with the shakes, that I never see 480 on the scales any more. It's always more like 513 come Sunday. But the best part of hauling more lard around is that I can lighten up my boat, making it easier to put on the scales. I really like that. And, I'll share something else with ya.. Bud-Lite puts on the same weight as Gator-aid, so hand me a Bud Lite will ya.

Comment

• hshawwpba
                            hshawwpba commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Your correct the D class weight needs to go up to 525 to make a better package for those racers that are over 4 feet tall!
                            But removing the height restriction and raising weight to make a even playing field is way to advanced thinking for the stock commission! They are more worried about what class they can invent to run a Yamato engine in (if they can continue getting any) .

• brent39w
                            brent39w commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I'm all for a higher weight. I weigh about 240 and run well over 550. I will never be able to get near 480. We need a class for big guys.
                        Working...
                        X