Trailer Measurement help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer Measurement help.

Based on the recommendations I got from HR.net I ordered an RnR trailer, 6.5' high, 7' wide and 16' long (not including the V in the front). Also based on the recommendations here I got aluminum adjustable cargo bars and vertical e-track and will put 2x4 bunks front to back over the cargo bars to loft the boats. In doing more research, I learned that aluminum trailers don't have sufficient strength to support vertical e-track in its native configuration (confirmed with RnR). Their solution is to weld in 1x4 aluminum tube in the locations needed for the e-track. However, I need to give them locations for the 1x4s within the next week.

I need some help. Have a few boats that may go into the trailer: 13'6" and 12'6" Marathon CSRs and maybe a CSH. ​Can anyone that has something close, or has lofted a trailer give me an idea of 1) how far in, from the back of the trailer, should I put the first 1x4 e-track mount and 2) how far forward from that location should I have them put in the 2nd 1x4 e-track mount (i.e. how far between the vertical e-tracks)?

I was thinking that 2' in from the back would give me 1' between back door and boat/bunk and 1' from transom to the first e-track.
    10' between the e-tracks would put the nose of the longest boat at 14'6" from the back door.

See layout attached...

Thanks for the help!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ScatCat; 01-18-2019, 12:02 PM.

I agree with the aft brace being mounted 2' from the rear door as correct. I think the forward bunk should be mounted no further the 8' in front of the aft bunk. I am assuming you are using 2ea 2x4's glued together for a 4"×4" bunk for each rail. In my opinion 2×4's are not strong enough for c class size boats. I would wait for others to also chime in before deciding on final location.

Jeff Scheffler

Comment

For all those setting up trailers this year, I ran across this picture today with racks that might be of interest. This isn't my trailer, just a pic I found one day so don't ask me for specs. Looks like the racks even fold away when empty.

Comment

I used vertical E-Track in an aluminum trailer. Added a piece of 1/8” aluminum the width of the E-Track between it and the wall, floor to ceiling. Tech screwed forward screws through E-Track, 1/8” plate & wall stud. Aft screws E-Track into 1/8” Aluminum. Six years and thousands of miles no problems.

Comment

• ScatCat
          ScatCat commented
          Editing a comment
          thanks! I wondered if something like that or 3/4 ply would work. How did you build/mount motor stands?

• rbcronin
          rbcronin commented
          Editing a comment
          I welded an aluminum stand to hold two Yamato’s in the
          V-nose. Left the motors on the pro boats.
      Working...
      X