Yamato question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamato question

I understand through other discussions that Japan has made some changes concerning their parimutuel rules and as such, Yamato engines are going to be harder to come by.

So, perhaps this has already been asked or explored, but what's stopping us from purchasing new engines directly from Yamato?
    Dane Lance
    700-P
    CSH/500Mod

Yamato only distributes engines through its distributors and do not and will never sell directly. From the info I received today coincidently, indicates that Yamato is no longer going to produce new 321’s or any other motor moving forward. They are going to keep reconditioning the current 321 for their own racing purposes and are no longer going to release any for outside sales. I don’t know if this is going to apply to parts also. Stock outboard racing is definitely at the crossroads now, while not good news it’s not the end of the world either. The powers that be are aware of this and I’m sure they will address this situation shortly.

Comment

• ricmontoya
      ricmontoya commented
      Editing a comment
      PM message sent

Well, actually, the 331 has been in production for a while.

I also understand, that in Japan, companies bid on the contract to build the racing engines for their racing. Maybe Yamato lost that contract? I know they've haven't always been the engine provider as they've been outbid in the past.

Either way, that's fine that the powers that be are aware (we've all been aware of the engine availability issue even before I started racing), and that's great they are going to address it, but that doesn't magically make a supplier appear. We need a source of viable engines, plain and simple...and soon.
    Dane Lance
    700-P
    CSH/500Mod

Comment

Originally posted by Ram4x4 View Post
      Well, actually, the 331 has been in production for a while.

I also understand, that in Japan, companies bid on the contract to build the racing engines for their racing. Maybe Yamato lost that contract? I know they've haven't always been the engine provider as they've been outbid in the past.

Either way, that's fine that the powers that be are aware (we've all been aware of the engine availability issue even before I started racing), and that's great they are going to address it, but that doesn't magically make a supplier appear. We need a source of viable engines, plain and simple...and soon.
      Has VRP, Rossi, and Konny been considered; with engine specs burning gasoline? The engines are available.

Comment

Working...
      X