'squirrel boy '

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'squirrel boy '

Recall 2yrs ago when our friend George, aka 'squirrelboy', from PA , was going to quit racing. His windscreen had come off, he lost his prop, his dog was cross, the 'fast ' motor he bought was 'slow', etc .
    So tonite I am perusing the APBA hi-points, and low and behold, in 300SSH, arguably the most competitive class in all the NE,
    there is poor George in the top 10, with 3121pts in 14 races . To finish and score in 14 races is an achievement, to even legally start 14 races is great, [ one he came to in NY got rained out !] So......Congrats; George
    Brian Hendrick, #66 F
    "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

like i always say, never give up! great job george.

frank novotny
    52-E

Comment

Hmmmm .... what fine publication were you reading to see those standings Brian?

Comment

• bh/
        bh/ commented
        Editing a comment
        Mr Noury; -the fine publication was none other than the current edition of the SSOA news letter . (it even gets delivered down here in FL) Everything one needs to know is in there ! The editor, Coyle Failure, is a wealth of knowledge .

He also locked up the 1P in hydro.
      11P Joe Sees III

Comment

• bh/
        bh/ commented
        Editing a comment
        no one in the whole of PA scored more points in hydro than George ?

• susqueduck
        susqueduck commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope, He was the top point scorer in a hydro class in PA.

Thank you Brian for the kind words I am still struggling with no computer. It has been a nightmare. I can’t access APBA.org national high points for 2018. The last time I looked at it I was third in 300...I’m not sure if this was the final standing for 2018. 522P

Comment

• Mike29J
        Mike29J commented
        Editing a comment
        hell of a year george!

300SSH (06270)

1 MIKEY PAVLICK OSWEGO , IL 22 9500
      2 DAVID HALE SUNLAND, CA 21 6141
      3 GEORGE BRESSLER NEW CUMBERLAND, PA 25 5579
      4 JIM TRYON SEATTLE, WA 19 5308
      5 TANNER COLE KENT, WA 18 4654
      6 JOE JOHNSON VACAVILLE, CA 15 4637
      7 TERRY KERR FLAT ROCK, MI 11 4569
      8 MICHAEL SHARPHOUSE WAYNE, NJ 22 3745
      9 TRAVIS ULSH EATONVILLE , WA 10 3222
      10 GREGORY HAMILTON CARTHAGE, ME 10 3163
      Ryan Brewster 57-S

Comment

• ryanbrew57s
        ryanbrew57s commented
        Editing a comment
        George raced his a** off this year! well earned and deserved!

• Mike29J
        Mike29J commented
        Editing a comment
        isnt final high point standings decided on first 14 races though, including up to 3 double point races?

Thank you again to all who responded- I was extremely fortunate to be blessed with a great season.
      Without question- it was JOHN RUNNE that was most responsible for my 2018 results...the boat that he built me is pure hydro magic and just breathtakingly beautiful as well.
      Master engine builder JERRY DAVIDS supplied me with the equal of Mr. Runne's effort...dozens & dozens of heats with PERFECT reliabilty. It has often been said that between two identical motors, one will be JUST BETTER. Very likely, I was the recipient of one such "better" 321. This particular mechanical masterpiece was hand delivered to me by none other than the legendary CAPTAIN himself- Matt Dagostino...thank you el capitan
      Many thanks (and congratulations!) to my teammates MIKE FLOCERZI and MIKE SHARPHOUSE...the former for his very impressive showing in the toughest class in SO (CSH) and the latter for cracking the top ten in 300 IN HIS ROOKIE YEAR!
      I could never end this without also thanking ED RUNNE for all his help and wisdom during 2018...he is simply as wonderful a man as I have ever met.
      As far as the 1P- it was my late father GEORGE W BRESSLER SR that has always been my main inspiration; and my boat number 522-P reflects his birthday (May 22). I may well have 1-P on the trailer but don't be too surprised if 522-P stays on the boat.

Thanks again to Brian Hendricks for recognizing my 2018 season and see you all in Jessup-
      George & moxie

Comment

Working...
      X