Wrap a Runabout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrap a Runabout

Planning on wrapping a runabout instead of a paint job. Has anyone attempted to do this? If so would appreciate any do`s and don`ts, How is it holding up? Boat has painted surfaces now.

Hey Art, as wraps go a runabout ought to be fairly easy but it is a little deceptive. I have done vinyl graphics for over 20 years so when a guy I do some regular work for asked if I would repair a portion of a wrap on a vehicle for him I agreed to do it. It was only a front door on a shuttle bus and it took 5 hours to complete. Anyone doing this needs a lot of practice and patience. Cost is also an issue. In the past I have gotten printed material done for some small jobs and my wholesale price was $15 a sq. ft. Today the price just for plain, unprinted wrap material is about $16 per yard for the good stuff.

Comment

• Dave Cofone
      Dave Cofone commented
      Editing a comment
      Not to mention it weighs more than paint. Just pick up a 15 yard roll of the stuff, pretty heavy.

Its for a new style Kidwell D E Run no compound curves. Sides and deck pretty much flat.

Comment

• dil/viller
      dil/viller commented
      Editing a comment
      got any any picture's?
Working...
X