No announcement yet.

Let's Debate new Class 300 SSR !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The SORC would just ruin the class any way in 2 years by allowing side fins, do to some dumb theory that there are new drivers that won't run the class because they have to roll it up and have to become a real boat racer!
    Then the next year put a sidewinder in it, then next year slow the 321 down to make sidewinder engine of choice, and on and on the stupidity continues grow

Comment

• Flatiron
      Flatiron commented
      Editing a comment
      That seems a little harsh maybe there's new or newer drivers with new C Runabout's that have a side fin that would fully support the class. Is there some type of middle ground between Rollup and side find that would make all Happy and competitive ? While I am personally 99% against sealed engines I would buy one just to support this class and I know at least 2 others in Region 3 that would do the same.

reason number 1 why not to... they cant even get enough 321 in the country to support 300 hydro, no way they can support 2 classes with 321 engines....
    Just so you all understand, we get used 321 engines there is no such thing as a new 321, they all are raced in Japan and refreshed and sold here,, used not new!!!

Comment

This would be a great opportunity to have a beginners Class with slow safe boats.
      Most of the driver schools are geared toward hydros and new drivers never have a chance to try runabouts. Scott is right about CSR being the worst ride in stock racing and another class with the same boats and drivers that can run CSR, 22sR and CMod Runabout is not needed.

Comment

• 3rd Chance
        3rd Chance commented
        Editing a comment
        Worst ride?!?!?......It's the best ride!

If you think that CSR is the worst ride in boat racing, then you just haven’t driven the right boat. I have driven roughly 15 different C runabouts, and boat design does make a huge difference.

Comment

Why not use the Side Winder 20 motor. Support the little guy in manufacturing. There are lots of A/B/25 runabouts sitting around. This would allow for a roll up only class to be successful. It’s the right weight and size boat for it.
        Joe Silvestri
        CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
        JH/JR

Comment

• susqueduck
          susqueduck commented
          Editing a comment
          I like it.....except for the fact we cant get 20 Sidewinders and it would be just another BSR class.
          Last edited by susqueduck; 01-13-2019, 08:16 PM.

• 3rd Chance
          3rd Chance commented
          Editing a comment
          Great idea Joe. I would support.

Originally posted by jsilvestri View Post
        Why not use the Side Winder 20 motor. Support the little guy in manufacturing. There are lots of A/B/25 runabouts sitting around. This would allow for a roll up only class to be successful. It’s the right weight and size boat for it.

Yes support the junk peddlers that screwed over A and B classes with there junk, give them another class to not be able to supply engines to... maybe in 10 more years they can get engines out by then and 75% of them still wont start...what a joke!!!

Comment

Sidewinder engine availability has been a problem. Having talked with the builder[Ed],he is doing everything possible to make sure all engine orders are filled for the 2019 season. Back when he started building engines there were some growing pains,but to say that 75% of the engines do not start is just plain wrong. We have been running a Sidewinder "A" motor for 2 seasons in ASH/ASR classes,and I can assure you that engine starting is not a problem. "Junk Peddlers",please, a bit harsh maybe. The classes using the Sidewinder engine are doing very well,and with the new engines for 2019, I look for the 15SSH/15SSR classes to field more boats.

Comment

Working...
          X