Let's Debate new Class 300 SSR !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Debate new Class 300 SSR !

Ok, I've heard rumblings about starting a new class for those who purchased a sealed 321 for 300SSH, I've been told that the class won't work as is does in hydro for a couple reasons, I think it would work just as Hydro has proven a Very successful class with Elims at almost every race here in region 6 it only makes sense to collect $ for a full class rather than 3 boat classes, and just takes a few minutes to switch boats with same motor.
    I'm thinking a 25xs marathon size boat would be about perfect?
    I would LOVE to see another classic ROLL UP class on the schedule, wouldn't you? B runabout is just about the most fun class TO WATCH right?
    I'd like to see someone bring this up for proposal at the national APBA meeting
    It's winter, be nice and Let The Debating Begin!

Guys running hydros run the same boat in CSH and 300, no reason it wouldn't work for runabouts too.
    Dane Lance
    700-P
    CSH/500Mod

Comment

Dane the only way to run 300 and csh with the same boat is to have an adjustable tramsom. the only way to tun 300 and csh with the same motor (and be competitive) is to have two different lower units

Comment

• Ram4x4
        Ram4x4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, and people do it. A spacer is all you need on the transom to raise the motor for C. A gear foot is all you need to switch between 300 and C.

325 views and nobody has any opinions on this topic???.?.?

Comment

Maybe because this horse had the heck whipped out of it about 6 months ago.

Comment

I'm in as long as you get rid of two other classes.
          Shawn Breisacher

Comment

I believe a 300 ssr rollup class would be great.

Comment

I have inquired about this many times as I heard rumors of a 300SSR last year. I was told that it won't happen with a Yamato and a CSR sized Runabout as it was tested and made for a Horrible ride... So I guess that's the end of it.

Comment

• Charlie Pater
                Charlie Pater commented
                Editing a comment
                It probably is a weight problem. At CSR weight and the stock 321 motor may have trouble getting the boat loose enough to be a fun ride. Make the boat a bit lighter and a roll up style and it may be very interesting.

• crfabbro2F
                crfabbro2F commented
                Editing a comment
                We put some time in testing a 300ssr in one of our hulls.

ride- as good or better than any CSR and very light on the water

turning- very stable, felt better than 300SSH

performance ( at CSR weight and 300SSH height)- faster than most 300ssh’s

I would love to hear what John Runne has to say about this subject...but thank you to mr fabbro for your very well informed reply 522-P

Comment

Getting this class approved will be tough due to the fact that most believe we have too many classes already in SO.
                I absolutely believe it would be a total success if it was approved.
                Chris Fabbro 2-F CSR / Carson Fabbro 95-F 25ssr, CSR, CSH, 300SSH / Greg Fabbro 63-F CSR, 25SSR

Comment

Maybe we should look at motor availability before we look at new classes, I may be wrong here but I don't think you could purchase 12 Yamato 321's right now to fill a full field on their own as in a completely fresh start, no motor swapping.

Comment

The reason we have the Yamato is the fact this class works- with one pin turns and draws a crowd- with money.

Comment

• Flatiron
                      Flatiron commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I agree Fastjack I never get tired watching the Japanese racers on YouTube. I would be all in for this type of racing. But we would have to make weight adjusments seeing the size difference between Japanese and American Racers.

I think it would be a great test to run a current 25SSR/CSR size boat at 430 lbs and 3/4” deep. Of course run a sealed 321 with a OEM gear box Not profiled.
                    It should go about 60 MPH.

Comment

How about a OSY Runabout.

Comment

Why not ask Chris Fabbro exactly what they found testing, what setup they used, and the outcome. He has already told us it is very viable, no need to reinvent or discuss it to death if he has proven data that backs it all up. Chris & his brother Greg helped revive CSR in the Southeast, can't ask for many people that are better.
                        444-B now 4-F
                        Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

• Fastjack
                          Fastjack commented
                          Editing a comment
                          And they build great boats .
                      Working...
                      X