• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Dagostino
    commented on 's reply
    Mine are hanging in the garage!

• GrandpaRacer
    replied
    Think about the marketing the Mercury Challenge created. Here we are 30 years later and we are still talking about it.
    Last edited by GrandpaRacer; 11-11-2018, 09:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GrandpaRacer
    commented on 's reply
    Cool, I remember these! Wonder where mine are..

• ricochet112
    replied
    PB100002.JPG I think the 1990 NAC plaque might be from the East vs West challenge at Wakefield Nationals
    Last edited by ricochet112; 11-10-2018, 07:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• daveracerdsh
    replied
    I did pretty well in D stock hydro Mercury Challenge series wise.....got second place overall in 89 and won the whole thing in 90...they gave us really cool plaques which came in the mail, and at trophies we recived the very nice medalions. They also handed out big fake checks....I am looking at both the plaques and medallions as I type this....would love to find somebody that has VHS tapes of the West coast events.......(not bragging btw)

Leave a comment:

• DeanFHobart
    replied
    I think it was Silver Lake also... Because we had two Silver Lakes in Washington at the time (Now three Silver Lakes).... so I thought it was ironic that there was racing at Silver Lakes on both sides of the States at the time.

I’’ll give Steve Vincent a call, he will most likely remember.

Leave a comment:

• Flyer
    commented on 's reply
    Matt was it Whitney point or silver lake. Flyer

• DeanFHobart
    replied
    Originally posted by GrandpaRacer View Post
    These were the best trophy! I only have 1.
    Nice John..... I did not receive one of those. I wish I did.

Leave a comment:

• GrandpaRacer
    replied
    These were the best trophy! I only have 1.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Dagostino
    commented on 's reply
    I believe Whitney Point was the 3rd race and Wakefield was the final in 1986..........at Wakefield the sun was so bad the race committee could not run the final and awarded me the victory based on points........

• DeanFHobart
    replied
    Hydroman6,

Yes.... now that you mention it, I also have a silver color most likely aluminum engraved cup for our last race at Lawrence Lake, Yelm, Washington. So I guess we did get some trophy item at each race. I just don’t recall.

Matt,

Now that you mention it, yes, Dayton was the second race... my bad. Then the Wakefield SO Nationals was another..... What was the other one.... a site in New York?

Thanks, Deano..........
    Last edited by DeanFHobart; 11-08-2018, 07:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Dagostino
    commented on 's reply
    Dean.....Ocoee 1986 was the first race of the Merc Challenge series.........just sayin

Matt

• hydroman6
    commented on 's reply
    Dean, I have an engraved Merc Challenge aluminum coffee cup from 1987 in DSH.

• DeanFHobart
    replied
    The 1986 spring race at Dayton was the first Eastern Mercury Challenge Race... and me and my son Tod were there with his OMC ASH. But it was the Mercury Challenge that I decided to run 25 XSH. So when I went home I talked to Steve Vincent who was in charge of The West Coast series. I bought a new 25 SX motor and I was off and running.

But I don’t think that the West Coast Series received Medallions.... because if we did I would still have them... and I do not.

Leave a comment:

• GrandpaRacer
    commented on 's reply
    I loved it when that truck showed up at the Nationals. Always went home with a box of extra parts.
Working...
X