Wilson North Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilson North Carolina

Has anyone heard anything about the Wilson NC race because of all the rain and the flooding in the area???? Want to make a decision about attending.

I was told they would make a decision after the weekend.

frank novotny
    52-E

Comment

I'm hoping it's a go. I really like this site.
      Tim Weber

Comment

Racers should probably contact the hotel(s) to confirm they are open as well as confirm your rooms aren't rented to evacuees who might stay much longer...

Comment

I just reviewed about 8 emails from CVRA members responding to a 2:30-ish query from CVRA Commodore, Abby Pond, about whether to cancel or continue with the Wilson race. It's now 5:38 PM on Monday 17 SEP. The consensus was to cancel. The travel conditions are still too bad in NC, (I-95 Is still partway closed), some NC boat racers are NC storm victims, and overall, the premise for running the regatta as scheduled seems infeasible. Possibility for a re-do on 20-21 OCT & then just running the Championship parts of the Wilson regatta at CVRA's Halloween regatta at Tabor City.

If I got any of this summary wrong, I respectfully invite knowledgeable CVRA members to correct me.

Comment

Hi Everyone! We will unfortunately have to cancel the Wilson race for this coming weekend. We are currently discussing the option of rescheduling the race. We will post something as soon as we make a decision, stay tuned.

Comment

That weekend prior to Tabor City sounds awesome to us here down south!

Comment

Herb is right on with the weekend prior to Tabor City two races back to back in the south, love it. Good work!!!

Comment

Would be smart to have Fri. Sat. Sun.@ Tabor, Div. Saturday. No fooling for late entries,Late to heat start,waiting for no start motors,delay tow ins, motor changes on same boat ALL things that hold up a race! ONE long weekend would save Motels,Gas,Mileage $$$$ ! In my case, coming from Fl.. 2 weekends 1848 miles $250 gas motels $350 food $300...$900-$1000 2 weekends. 1 long weekend $450 !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

if there is a wilson, and i hope there is, keep the divisionals there not tabor.

frank novotny
                    52-E

Comment

FYI, we will be rescheduling Wilson with the Mod and J Divisional Championships for October 20th & 21st. Sanction information should be updated next week.

Comment

Working...
                      X