Bouncing in the turns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bouncing in the turns

I recently bought a McCourtie Marathon hull set up for the 302. I can not get this boat to stop hopping in the turns! Help!! Does it have something to do with the flat chine that basically runs the length of the boat? Anyone else experience this issue? Im not sure the history on this particular boat but im sure some of you are. It was the 19 M raced at Top O in 25 this year. Thanks

How is the engine set: height of rear prop shaft center, tuck: in- level- out, prop using: pitch, diameter, # blades.
    Boat weight set up to run?
    Fin type and location?
    What is a flat chine?
    "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
    No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Shaft is 1/16 in. low from legal height. Kicked out 1/16 up to 1/4 inch, didnt make a difference. Ran 3 different dewald props. All 3 blade, no difference, various diameters. Weigh in will be somewhere around 485-490. Fin location was my next thought. I have tried chine fins 2 inches up from bottom, 4 i ches off the transom. I have tried them 1 inch off the bottom, same distance from transom. How about transom fins?

Comment

Kurt, show us some pictures of the boat, the chine and the cockpit as well
        Ryan Brewster 57-S

Comment

Friend of mine has Butch Ott’s short course McCourtie and the hot set up is 1/32” below min and 1/8” kicked in. Have you tried kicking it in? Garry had the same problems your describing with his boat, kept wanting to porpoise when it was run deeper. The above setup tamed the boat down but also puts it right on the edge. Now his is setup for a 102. What year plans did your boat come from? The 2008 or 2012 plans? Do you have any idea? You heading to Big Rapids this weekend?

Comment

• kurvtun
            kurvtun commented
            Editing a comment
            Im heading to big rapids. Should be there by 5 this eveing. I would take pictures right now but boat is loaded up on the trailer. I believe the boat was built around 06. I bought it from Dustin Fierek a few weeks ago. Im basically going to run it in Big Rapids as a test session.

Ok if it’s a 2006 then it is based off of the 2004 plans. I don’t know if I’m headed to Big Rapids yet but Butch may be there and there are other guys running McCoutie’s, hook up with them. You may want to talk to Smokin Joe. Should be able to get the boat sorted out.

Comment

Did the previous owner have this problem also?
            sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Working...
            X