No announcement yet.

Farewell to Boat Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS. Lock Haven ran J Classes, Stock, Mod, and Pro. Oshkosh ran J Classes, Stock and Mod.

Marine Racing Club will be racing J Classes, Stock, Mod, and Pro at our season finale in Rock Falls, IL in late Sept.

It's great to see the different Categories and Organizations racing together.

Comment

Modsquad,
      I have a feeling this thread will never end because people can find problems for every solution...

Its pretty simple, work with you local race committee and ask that they add testing.

Long term solution may be to develop quieter pipes.

Comment

Three Rivers Outboard Racing Assoc., my club, offers drivers schools and testing for 3-4 hours on Friday before each race. DVORA offered a drivers school and testing for 3-4 hours on Friday last weekend. It requires you take a day off of work but its available.
        Joe Silvestri
        CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
        JH/JR

Comment

Hey Mod Squad - TRORA had Free Testing at both of our races - where you there? Kittanning even paid out $5,000 in tow money. Did you attend either Franklin or Kittanning? Lock Haven had testing - did you travel? All 3 races had 750 & 850 H&R on the sanction. You seem to beat the drum for testing pretty hard, so I am wondering if you back that up with travel and attendance?
          Brian 10s

Comment

Guys..... This post started about all the trash talking and disrespect to the People that run the races. That Dennis and the NBRA members have had to deal with.... You are turning it into a noise and testing issue... NBRA does not have issues with testing and noise
            sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

• Dennis Crews
              Dennis Crews commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks DiGia54D

AS Ron Hill has said time and time again on that other older People racers site !

Quote: Boat racing is circling the drain, Give it up as to why !

Regards,

Paul

Comment

I've had the privilege of being a member of a number of organizations over my life (motocross racing, aviation organizations, hunting organizations, I was even the president of the central Maryland chapter of the National Wild Turkey Federation at one point)...and one thing that always happens is differences of opinions. No matter the group, there will always be complainers. Yes, it gets difficult at times, and we all do it at some point (I'm no exception). Things today are not always how they were years ago, it's the human condition.

If you love what you do, you have to overlook those aspects and focus on the good and what you need to keep going. The habitual complainers will do one of three things: they will stay, but continue to complain, they will leave, or they will stay and eventually quiet down.

Try to be positive always, try to be a solution provider. Everyone who knows me knows that I always try to give ideas, even if they are silly, or off the wall (because you never know, my silly idea might trigger a good idea in someone else, and when I toss my ideas to those more knowledgeable, I always learn from their feedback).

I say it at every race, and I still say it: any time I get a chance to drive my boat, I'm happy. I don't care if I'm first or last, I still get a thrill and have the time of my life. And, for me, it's also not just about the relative few minutes I spend in my boat over a weekend. I'm out of the house, hanging out with a great group of people. Working with my club, tackling issues or helping when and where I can is, to me, part of the enjoyment.

One of the answers to our many dillemmas is we simply need more people to get into the sport. Our driver school is doing pretty good. We had 2 adults and 2 J drivers at our school in Kittanning and from that it looks like we have one adult that's pretty solid on getting a boat. The school we did at Lock Haven (2 adults and 1 J), there's another driver that's probably going to be picking up a boat soon, so we know the school is working.
              Dane Lance
              700-P
              CSH/500Mod

Comment

I believe that the direction this thread has taken is a microcosm of our bigger issue and has borne out one of my previous statements here ... "The frustrating part to me is the dividing lines seem to be mostly rooted in personal issues or hard feelings from something in the past." If I remember correctly there was heated discussion about the testing/noise issues from last year maybe??? If so, that is my point exactly. We have to get past those old battle lines and somehow move forward to workable solutions, regardless of the particular issue. All of us.

Kudos to those offering examples of how these issues have been conquered in their clubs and/or regions. The bigger issue here is how can we do this for the other issues that so strongly divide us? Seeing different categories working together and having 500+ entries at a race would seem to indicate that it is possible to overcome these differences.

Is there hope for the future? Maybe so. But it is up to you. (and yes, my finger is pointing right back at me as well!)
                "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress". -- John Adams

Comment

A bad experience at a given venue is like a kidney stone.. Very painful, but,,, will eventually pass. Always look to the good of the future.

Comment

38404745_903547419829250_8679025674146545664_n.jpg
                    We are trying to quiet the 44 and the 30H, at least for testing

Comment

38444388_903547233162602_8779342696998240256_n.jpg
                      sounds like two 125's

Comment

• modsquad
                        modsquad commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Wow! This could make the 500 and 750 class even bigger than it already is!!! Very nice work!!!

• squirrelboydeluxe
                        squirrelboydeluxe commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Is that a Fairbanks Morse mag?

• ajennings4p
                        ajennings4p commented
                        Editing a comment
                        yes squirrelboydeluxe

yes it is

Comment

Originally posted by modsquad View Post
                        Well, I guess Dennis is right... bye bye boat racing!
                        And NASCAR, Indy Car, Motocross, go-karts......not going away, just not as popular as the olden days, the glory days, pre 1980.

Comment

Working...
                        X