Club income (i.e. making money)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club income (i.e. making money)

Something that's been wrangled around a little here and there, and certainly always a topic of concern any time new ideas are presented, is money and how can a club make money to fund things.

Driver School(s) have become a hot topic and so far it seems that is an avenue that we all want to see, but like everything race related, it requires money for hulls and motors and kevlar and trailers, etc, et al. Donated equipment is nice to get things rolling, but it's not reasonable to rely on that to keep things going.

I certainly have a vision for a driver school set up and how, once the base is set, it can turn into a self supporting venture and even allow for a small profit margin, but the initial funds are needed, hence this post.

What are the clubs out there doing to raise money (other than the current standard of race fees and all that)?

Dane Lance
    700-P
    CSH/500Mod

Dane,, talk to the Principles at NBRA!! Their tow money payout is something else!! Take a $7000 payout,, set back the first 10% as a future fund. Do that over the course of several races and now you have 2K to buy stuff. I doubt any club member would complain about that first 10%. Everybody wins.

Comment

Working...
    X