Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ​THE BRITISH ARE COMING!

Posted on behalf of Billy Allen:

As much as there is interest in America for UIM Racing, there is an equal amount of interest toward American Racing by the Europeans. When I was first approached by Poland’s Cezary Strumnik three years ago with the question of, if they were to travel to America to race, which race should they attend, there was really only one answer: Lock Haven. This year, when two of Europe’s top contenders Wayne Moyse and Daniel Drake asked the same question, my answer hadn’t changed: Lock Haven. So now these two brave souls are planning a trip across the Atlantic to join in the fray of racing on the challenging Susquahana River in Lock Haven. Because of the fact that Saturday is the NE Divisionals, a championship event, these drivers won’t be allowed to compete in 20SSH or CSH on Saturday. Therefore, the DVORA has been gracious enough to include OSY400 on Saturdays’ schedule so these innocent chaps don’t have their APBA christening in the first turn of the Dash for the Cash.

These drivers have spent their career racing laydown hulls exclusively. One will be driving the beautiful, white Jerry-Davids-built laydown which was driven by driven by Poland’s Cezary Strumnik a few years ago. If another laydown hull cannot be found before Lock Haven, the other driver will be forced into driving a kneeler.

So, when you have a spare moment at Lock Haven, please stop by the US A-Team pits and welcome these two fellow boat racers to America, and to Lock Haven. Also, if anyone has a laydown that would work for CSH/OSY and could get the boat to Lock Haven, please contact me. See you there.

Billy Allen
    64W & 22B

Very cool.... Have a fun safe race.
    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

I hope everyone at Lock Haven welcomes these two and any friends they may bring along. My experience in Europe has been that boat racers from there are pretty much boat racers from here, maybe with some language issues but still friendly. Here you shouldn't have much of a language issue. So go out of your way to say hello and even offer them the cultural experience of an ice-cold beer!

Comment

• csh-2z
        csh-2z commented
        Editing a comment
        And mandatory cooler bobbing participation!

well I hope they like being the center of media attention and as race chairperson I welcome them

Comment

Working...
      X