Thoughts on Rule Change Proposal for future Stock Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrandpaRacer View Post
    It was nearly a mile, I think Russ said it was 7/8 mile.
    John, the tightest lap we recorded was 4,111 feet. Generously, going around the buoys that's .78 miles.

Comment

• Johnny_Hydro
      Johnny_Hydro commented
      Editing a comment
      When Joe and I went and measured the course, it was just over 3/4 of a mile going right on the pins. Also the run to the first turn was between 940 and 960 feet.

• GrandpaRacer
      GrandpaRacer commented
      Editing a comment
      Data rules! The big improvement was a wider turn 2 and moving milling away from turn 2. Most racers liked the course.

• HydroKyle93R
      HydroKyle93R commented
      Editing a comment
      Matt, the minimum length of 1000 feet was waived. It was my understanding that a comission meeting took place where they discussed the options and the vote was to keep the course as is.

The SORC did have a commission meeting prior to the drivers meeting due to the course distance of minimum distance of 1,000 ft requirement. It was not possible to move turn 1 deeper into the cove due to the water depth past the outside course markers of the course it would have made it unsafe. Jeff Brewster, was taken out in the rescue boat and depth was measured in his presence.

In 2014 we had 24 accidents. With the improvements to the course we had 6 and at times we were racing in the same kind of water conditions.

Comment

I agree Big Don.

Comment

less time dreaming and more time reading rule book and you will find the answer to your question.

Comment

Working...
        X