2018 Stock, Mod, J Nationals - Tentative Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Stock, Mod, J Nationals - Tentative Schedule

After countless planning meetings the Scott and Linda Carson 2018 Stock, Mod and J Nationals Presented By Penway Media and North American Championships for K-Pro, OSY, 350CCH and 1100CCR are just days away.

The Tentative Racing Schedule for the week is attached.

Seattle Outboard Association will also be selling raffle tickets for a complete 125 PRD Fireball Race Ready Motor with Roskowski Tower Assembly and Rossi Lower Unit. This raffle item was donated by AmericaCares Foundation and sponsored by VAXPOINT Immunization Management and HEAT1 Racing. Tickets are $25 each or (5) for $100 and you don't need to be present to win.

If you have any questions please contact
    Matt Yarno (503) 828-5919 myarno1041@yahoo.com
    Ana Cappelletti (425) 218-2452 hydrogirl07@hotmail.com

We look forward to an excellent week of racing to crown the 2018 National Champions, seeing old friends and making new ones! See you in Moses Lake!

Matt Yarno
    Ana Cappelletti
    Last edited by yarnoracin; 07-10-2018, 07:50 AM.

Any live streaming planned this year?

Comment

• HydroKyle93R
      HydroKyle93R commented
      Editing a comment
      Dana, I'll be recording as many heats as possible via Instagram and posting them to Facebook.

No dedicated live stream. We are working on several other options such as Facebook Live, regular updates on FB and Hydroracer.
    Last edited by yarnoracin; 07-10-2018, 10:00 AM.

Comment

https://youtu.be/IiX_KifU87s

A fun heat to watch, letting the anticipation grow!
      http://vitalire.com/

Comment

• ricochet112
        ricochet112 commented
        Editing a comment
        That was a great heat. 17M could have been DQ'd twice for bearing away

• GrandpaRacer
        GrandpaRacer commented
        Editing a comment
        Clearly and most do not know the bearing away rule says you can not block another by bearing Right or Left!

• Matt Dagostino
        Matt Dagostino commented
        Editing a comment
        John...........correct. Bearing away can be either way.!!

I only see elimination heats as Heat 1 and Heat 2. I assume expecting the need for two elimination heats for those classes. Are you just repeating each flight to get the second elimination heat for each of the elimination groups?

Comment

• hshawwpba
        hshawwpba commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes each section runs twice if you add the classes and do the math you will see the number of heats run for the day is based on 2 heat format for all that day.

Originally posted by guedo499 View Post
      https://youtu.be/IiX_KifU87s

A fun heat to watch, letting the anticipation grow!
      Wow.........
      sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Originally posted by fcliff View Post
        I only see elimination heats as Heat 1 and Heat 2. I assume expecting the need for two elimination heats for those classes. Are you just repeating each flight to get the second elimination heat for each of the elimination groups?
        Cliff, each set goes down and then back down again, except for the sets that have Pro classes (Pros will run the 3 heat format) which go straight down. If there are no elims in classes scheduled to have elims, we will just shorten the sets...………..if you have any questions, feel free to ask me...…………….see ya this weekend!
        Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• fcliff
          fcliff commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Daren. See you there

I've watched that race 50 times. Tell me where the 17-M bears away. No way. No one could hold the 2nd turn tight...watched several heats from that year's event. The corner was not layed out perfectly. Great race...hard driving all over the course!

Comment

Originally posted by dholt View Post
          I've watched that race 50 times. Tell me where the 17-M bears away. No way. No one could hold the 2nd turn tight...watched several heats from that year's event. The corner was not layed out perfectly. Great race...hard driving all over the course!
          The bearing away was in turn one on the third lap that i see! That bearing away allowed JMK to secure the inside as the 17-M moved from lane two to lane 7 in a attempt to keep Peeter's from passing. At least that's what i see from the video. But maybe the camera angle is not allowing the true story???
          Last edited by Matt Dagostino; 07-11-2018, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• GrandpaRacer
            GrandpaRacer commented
            Editing a comment
            And when he saw JMK got his inside he moved over hitting JMK!

WOW! Let's think about what is being said here!We have 2 of the most qualified stock outboard hydro drivers in APBA who see things completely different with regards to the bearing away rule as it applies to the above video. One that is very rarely called by the average turn boat judge, and is usually called from the judges stand.Just an observation, you have to take into account intent,water conditions, turn buoy setup, etc, and make the call within seconds, pretty tough at best!

Comment

• ricochet112
            ricochet112 commented
            Editing a comment
            Tate takes Peters to lane 11 over the start line on lap 2.

Looked like a great race to me....turn 2 is tough....but who wants a non-challenging course?
          Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Are we sure JMK didn't drift out of his lane? Sure looks like there was enough water there. The only mistake I see is Tate didn't take away lane one at the first or second buoy...making JMK cross over his wake in the first half of the turn.
            As for moving to his right to bear away on Peeters....give me a break. I'm sure John would even say the same thing.

Comment

• hebert8l
              hebert8l commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow,wow. This video is in color, not black and white.!. D holt or you saying that nobody could pin the buoys because the water was too rough. Go back and watch it 1 more time, should be easy since you’ve already watch it 50 times. This time pay attention to JMK. The 2nd lap 2nd turn and the third lap 2nd turn an see who could and did pin the buoys. Even in the rough water that you seen. FYI , that’s the most smoothest water at a race I ever seen. In closing. (17m got a great start) that was the only reason he was outfront . Peter’s & JMK were at least 2 mph faster than 17m. I bet 17m will tell you the same thing. ) buy the way I (8l) would have done the same thing has 17m. Just saying!..

The only reason I commented on this post was to strike up a conversation about bearing out an in. If you bear out there is little chance of hurting someone. Bearing in on someone is very dangerous to yourself and the person you are cutting off. In the video I can’t tell if 17m bearing in. If he did than that is unsafe and should not be done ever!. Their is always another heat,race,year as long as no one is hurt. If someone gets hurt their is no turning back, right. So respect the people you race against like you respect your self. Hold your lane and fight for another day.(safe racing to all)... good luck with the nationals. Safe travels for all.
            Hebert's Racing
            Tylane Hebert 8L

Comment

How about some HR.net updates, and not just Face(fake)book

Comment

That was simply a great race. Cannot tell from a single camera angle if any driver intentionally was bearing away. With nothing in the water (but the prop and skeg), the boats wanted to drift to the right and it looks like the breeze freshened during the heat blowing towards the near shoreline. very entertaining racing. Great drivers.
                David Weaver

Comment

Working...
                X