Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock Falls River Chase "CANCELED"

Good evening:

We regret to inform you that we must cancel the 2018 Rock Falls River Chase scheduled for this weekend, June 22-24, 2018.

The large volume of rain that fell on Rockford, Illinois June 18 is causing the Rock River to swell and flood downstream. It was reported that the river was up over two feet in Byron, Illinois earlier today, and that water should arrive in Rock Falls within the next 24-hours. As the river rises, Rock Falls is currently under a "Moderate Flood Warning" until next Wednesday, June 27. The expected high water level combined with the stronger-than-usual current and excess debris has unfortunately forced us to make this decision.

Marine Racing Club still owns the Junior Category (JH, JR, AXH, AXR) North American Championship, and it is our intent to still run these races at Rock Falls in 2018 at a date to be announced. Please continue to watch your email, the Marine Racing Club Facebook page and the Marine Racing Club website for updates and more information.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this cancellation causes you, but we must always err on the side of safety and do what is the best interest of our racing family.

Thank you.

Michael Mackey

Marine Racing Club Secretary

Knowing how much time and energy goes into putting together a boat race it is a shame to see Mother Nature interfere. I know it can't be helped, but it is still disappointing. Here's thanks to Terry for all his work.

Comment

• Hotwheeler44
      Hotwheeler44 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Sir. I'm sure I am the most disappointed one of all because I really enjoy bringing this race to Rock Falls. It sounded like it was going to be our largest turn out yet.

Terry

Terry does an outstanding job for us, we are very grateful for his support.
    Bill
    Marine Racing Club

Comment

• Hotwheeler44
      Hotwheeler44 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Bill, definitely lost this morning looking over at the race site like I should be helping setup for the weekend. But instead I am looking at a fast moving river, more rain, and closed gates to the park.

Hoping to reschedule this race for later in the season.

Terry
Working...
X