Racing around PA, DE, MD..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing around PA, DE, MD..

Thinking about a hydro to breakout a couple times a year.. How is the Formula E class these days? Crowded, handful, not so much?
    What about D stock or mod any boats in that field in the area ?
    2% own 90%, that's the ownership society

IMHO your in a great location to race some but still have some weekends off to get work done around the house. Races in Berwick, Lockhaven, Franklin and Kittanning in Pennsylvania
    Spring and fall Millville in New Jersey
    Edgewood Maryland
    Whitney point and Crystal lake in New York.
    South Shore Outboard put on races up in New England.
    But the D class is lacking in entries

Comment

Thanks... D stock lacking needing more boats? or lacking nobody runs them?

Comment

500 mod hydro has a good showing at the races but could use some 350 mod hydros though.

​frank Novotny
        52-E

Comment

FE is called 850MH now and runs sometimes as well as 750MH (Dmod) once in a while but there is much more activity for Runabouts right now. 750MR (Dmod) is at many races and if a 850MR (FER) is there they all step up to that as well. A Merc DRS is legal and some run in 750MR and I think the Tohatsu is also. So if you switch to Runabout you could race pretty regularly, unfortunately not so for Hydros

Comment

Not much DSH action over here in the east. I don't know the reason why exactly, but I think it has a lot to do with costs. For what a DSH set up costs, you can get into 750MH if you buy a used rig. 750MH has a few, at least enough to have races at the places I've been. We have a club member that has a DSH and he just runs it in 750MH so he can at least drive it.
            Dane Lance
            700-P
            CSH/500Mod

Comment

We are pretty low in numbers in the NE for " Formula E Hydros" . Could definitely welcome some more players. Currently there is only 2 of us from NY running the 3 holers. We do have some Canadians that run D Mods that will provide tough competition every race.

Comment

I looked at the Race Results that are listed .. 850 runabouts at one race in my area..
                I'm surprised.. a fresh 70 rude on a D or bass with a bottom tuner is fast and comes with electric start. Is it as fast as little pull start flywheels and expansion chambers. Probably not on a long straight. But, it'll start every time with little effort.. and pull hard from plane to redline.. Did I mention electric start ?

Comment

If you looking to only break it out a few times a year, hop on over to region 6, where we almost always have a field of 850 hydros....just sayin!

Comment

Working...
                  X