2018 APBA Stock, MOD & J Nationals in Moses Lake, WA - July 16th to 21st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 APBA Stock, MOD & J Nationals in Moses Lake, WA - July 16th to 21st

The 2018 Scott and Linda Carson Stock, Modified and J Nationals Presented by Penway Media are right around the corner in Moses Lake, WA from July 15thto 21st. Seattle Outboard Association will also be hosting the 2018 North American Championships for K-Pro, OSY, 350CCH and 1100CCR.

APBA Sanction:
    Please read the sanction carefully and contact either of the Race Chairmen’s if you have any questions!
    https://www.apba.org/internal/print_sanction.php?EditID=12943

Cascade Park, 2001 West Valley Road , Moses Lake Wa. 98837

Accommodation’s: Official Hotel Ten Pin Inn & Suites (currently Ameristay Inn & Suites)
    Discounted Rates Stop on June 30that Ten Pin InnandJune 15thfor Ramada and Inn at Moses Lake.

Hotels Phone Mention For Discount Price Per Night
    Ten Pin Inn (509) 764-7500 Boat Races $95 Double or King, $100 Suite, $120 Exec Suite
    Ramada (509) 766-1000 Seattle Outboard Nationals Sun-Thurs $111 / Fri–Sat $136
    Inn at Moses Lk (509) 766-7000 Seattle Outboard Nationals Sun-Thurs $111 / Fri-Sat $136

Camping / Tents / Race Trailers
    If you are attending and have not reserved your camping spot or trailer spot please do so ASAP. Camping with hooks up are FULL! We have plenty of room for dry camping. Yes, no matter if your RV or Tent Camping or you are bringing a boat or race trailer you need to contact John Adams.

John Adams Johnrv7@gmail.com

https://www.seattleoutboard.org/race-entry-form/

Week Schedule and Events:
    Date Day Day Overview Event
    14th Saturday Golf http://www.mosespointe.com
    15th Sunday Move In / Registration / Set Up Cascade Park – Starts at Noon
    16th Monday Testing / Drivers Only Meeting Welcome Dinner
    17th Tuesday Racing (KPRO & OSY NAC)
    18th Wednesday Racing Party In The Park
    19th Thursday Racing
    20th Friday Racing J Party & Adult Night @ Ten Pin
    21st Saturday Racing (350H & 1100R NAC) Finals Banquet @ Big Bend Community College
    22nd Sunday Clean Park / Move Out

Golf:
    Wehave set up tee times at the Links at Moses Pointe for Saturday. For those coming and wish to participate please contact Kyle Bahl at racerkyle@hotmail.com.

RV / Race Trailer Staging Area:
    Blue Gate Lot @ Grant County Fairgrounds: 3953 Airway Dr NE, Moses Lake, WA 98837

Nationals Program: Full Page $125 / Half Page $75 / Business Card $25
    (To Advertise Contact)
    Program Chairmen Jason Diamond Jasondiamond713@yahoo.com

Race Director Contacts:
    Co Race Chairmen Ana Cappelletti Hydrogirl07@hotmail.com
    Co Race Chairmen Matt Yarno myarno1041@yahoo.com

Links:
    Seattle Outboard Association www.seattleoutboard.org
    2018 Nationals Facebook Page www.facebook.com/2018SOANationals/
    SOA Facebook Page www.facebook.com/soaracing/
    Moses Lake Chamber of Commerce www.moseslake.com

Registration for the Scott and Linda Carson 2018 APBA Stock, Mod and J Nationals Presented by Penway Media is now open!

https://www.seattleoutboard.org/race-entry-form/

Comment

What is a Drivers “only” meeting mean?

Comment

The 2018 Nationals Race Committee was approached about having the Drivers Meeting with "Drivers Only" so we agreed to try it. If the Driver is under 18 they can bring a parent/guardian.

This is a attempt to keep the drivers meeting focused and eliminate the side conversations that always take place.

Comment

... and hopefully not take 3 hours. Also note the drivers only meeting is alcohol free. And probably
          Last edited by HydroKyle93R; 06-04-2018, 05:26 PM.
          28-R

Comment

I mean if Adam Allen was to do roll call, we're done in 15 minutes....
            Kyle Bahl
            20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

• CSR4C
              CSR4C commented
              Editing a comment
              You guys are too young to have been at the drivers meetings at the '74 &'75 Dayton nationals. It was held in a theater downtown. The first year they mispronounced some names so bad that the second year they called the boat number and the driver answered with his name. With over 800 roll call took awhile.

There is a “Welcome Dinner” too. However, no times or locations are listed. I wonder if the 2 events are tied together?

Comment

I will be driving two classes for someone else, and I know for a fact the gentleman who owns the rig would like to attend the driver's meeting. Will this be allowed?

Joe

Comment

As Race Director for a couple Mod Nationals at Zanesville several years ago I typed out "Course Rules" to distribute at the drivers meeting. First words from me after introduction of Race Committee were "Read the course rules, you are responsible for every one of them". It covered all of the specific park rules, parking, campimg, RV rules as well as reviewing race course specific rules: 500' bouy, turn judge responsibilities, racing rules, inspection procedures, etc, etc. This I think put the responsibility of following all of the rules on the drivers and their team members where they belong. Also, this left no excuses for not hearing and eliminated lengthy interuptions. An occasional question was usually answered by, " it's in the course rules". Try this at Moses Lake. Absolutely no alcoholic beverages at the meeting. Our Mod Nationals driver meeting was over in 40 minutes. Mike Raceboat 61-S

Comment

Originally posted by raceboat61-S View Post
                  As Race Director for a couple Mod Nationals at Zanesville several years ago I typed out "Course Rules" to distribute at the drivers meeting. First words from me after introduction of Race Committee were "Read the course rules, you are responsible for every one of them". It covered all of the specific park rules, parking, campimg, RV rules as well as reviewing race course specific rules: 500' bouy, turn judge responsibilities, racing rules, inspection procedures, etc, etc. This I think put the responsibility of following all of the rules on the drivers and their team members where they belong. Also, this left no excuses for not hearing and eliminated lengthy interuptions. An occasional question was usually answered by, " it's in the course rules". Try this at Moses Lake. Absolutely no alcoholic beverages at the meeting. Our Mod Nationals driver meeting was over in 40 minutes. Mike Raceboat 61-S

Hey Mike.............nice seeing you at Whitney Point. I was at those Zanesville races and a well written 'poop sheet' if you will is a great thing! But the core issue here has to do with 'excluding' people from the drivers meeting. It reads like this club wants 'DRIVERS ONLY' at the meeting and hence no owners, family members or maybe even small dogs are allowed to be at this meeting.

Comment

Welcome Dinner - We will be having a free dinner on Monday night in Cascade Park for everyone. We are currently finalizing the time and it will be announced in early July.

If anyone has questions my cell phone number is (503) 828-5919 or email myarno1041@yahoo.com

Comment

Looking for more golfers on the 14th! Shoot me an email if interested, racerkyle@hotmail.com
                      Kyle Bahl
                      20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Working...
                      X