Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smiley
    replied
    I will be ready for the Nationals at Moses Lake. We will make our first run Fri Jun 16. Already have 40 minutes in the barrel. Ten props all reamed out on a lath. We made two tools to grab the prop inside the hub used two reamers for the shaft hole and one for the shear pin hole and wa la they have a great fit on the 15mm shaft. If you machine the 15 mm shaft to 9/16, you remove the case hardening and that has its own problems. We opted to ream the AU wheels with great results.

Bob Smiley 68R

Leave a comment:

• baries
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks that is pretty much what I thought.

• Roskowski30h
    replied
    I was seeing low to mid 50s with race conditions. That was little to no set up testing, just found a prop that would plane. I would say the whole field was within 2-3mph of each other it came down mostly to the start and clean water. I'd guess with more testing and prop work the class will end up around the low to mid 60s

Leave a comment:

• baries
    replied
    Great video looks like there will be very good competition and the boats will be evenly matched. Any good readings on what speeds the hydros are running?

Leave a comment:

• 94H
    commented on 's reply
    And mostly thanks to the years of hard work from Howard Pickerell.

• Original Looper 1
    replied
    JUST WOW WOW WOW !

GOD BLESS APBA FOR SEEING THE LIGHT ON THIS GREAT CLASS, AND THANKS TO ALL THAT HELPED MAKE IT HAPPEN !

Leave a comment:

• 61-W
    replied
    Thankyou for posting the video! Looks like our new classes will have a very bright future!

Jeff Scheffler

Leave a comment:

• bmitch1
    replied
    For those interested CLICK HERE to see 125 Modified Hydro - Heat 1 from Sunday June 3 - now on YouTube.​ Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• modhydro
    replied
    This smile pretty much sums up the weekend debut of these in the Midwest.....

Leave a comment:

• bmitch1
    commented on 's reply
    Bob. - TRORA raced 125MH and 125MR at Franklin over Memorial Day weekend...

• DeanFHobart
    replied
    Originally posted by modhydro View Post
    Here is a photo that F Peirce Williams let me share of the action from Saturday at Huntington. It was great to see 5 boats all go out run the race and all finish on the same straightaway. It was very even competition through the whole field. Possibly the closest racing of all classes the whole weekend....

Steve
    Very cool and impressive. Hope to see many of them at Moses Lake for the Nationals. This will be a chance to win the First Nationals of these two classes.

Leave a comment:

• 94H
    commented on 's reply
    Was very impressive to say the least.
    Thanks to owners and drivers who sped up the process to get these boats on the water.

Question can up on whether this was the first official 125 mod race in 2018 - because we had over three entries (5) that started.

Has any club had a legal 125 mod race this year?

Bob Koschka- race director

• modhydro
    replied
    Here is a photo that F Peirce Williams let me share of the action from Saturday at Huntington. It was great to see 5 boats all go out run the race and all finish on the same straightaway. It was very even competition through the whole field. Possibly the closest racing of all classes the whole weekend....

Steve

Leave a comment:

• GrandpaRacer
    commented on 's reply
    Dean Hobart and Lee Tietz told me to press an AL shaft half way in the prop and mount it in my lathe. Then ream it with a 15mm reamer. Then make a new AL holder shaft for the 15mm side and ream the other half. It WORKS!
    Tom C, cutting the prop shaft down to 9/16 will work too but cutting that hardened surface is beyond my skill set, but that would sure make testing props easier.
    Thanks for the tips! John Adams

• Tom Cronk
    commented on 's reply
    Why don't you cut the prop shaft to 9/16 ????
Working...
X