300 lb driver... class options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300 lb driver... class options?

Hi all, I have been talking to a new person that seriously wants to race stock outboard. 6'-6" and 300 lbs and going to try and lose a few pounds. They realize they are not going to lead the pack. But want to have some fun, something they have always want to try. I race A classes... so just trying to help advise on other people I see racing in the pits. But he's getting more serious about buying gear so would like some more info from others. Is CSH doable to have some fun? It's equipment is most easily available. CSR I think is with a suitable boat...? A bigger racer in a proper marathon boat must be of similar total weight comparing to a closed course setup with him inside? We don't have DSR local and it's dead now I think in APBA. DSH is pretty quick and costly for a new guy to try out things. Any equipment suitable... post it here, he's reading Hydroracer.
    Fralick Racing
    Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Csr is certainly doable. I would check with Howie Nichols or Chris fabaro about a boat. They seem to run very well and work for a heavier guy.
    spider pig, spider pig, spider pig does what'ever a spider pig does.

Comment

CSR all day long. A 230 guy is right on weight with a reasonable boat. I would say that he should get a D, but...

Comment

CSR has had some large boys at times.
        sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

How about a 850 mod? equipment is available and the weight should not be a problem.

Comment

• Andrew 4CE
            Andrew 4CE commented
            Editing a comment
            Briefly chatted about 750, as we run that up here regular and have some big guys in that. But the speed is intimidating at this point.
            Last edited by Andrew 4CE; 04-10-2018, 08:56 AM. Reason: spelling
        Working...
        X