X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigkahuna
    started a topic 49ci Evinrude 3 cyl looper

49ci Evinrude 3 cyl looper

Iím looking for any info I can find about this Evinrude. Where to buy parts, oil to gas mix ratio, owners manual, parts manuals. Anything and everything is needed. Just general info. Thanks

• mercguy
    replied
    Nothing really just getting prepared for a water pump, head gskt etc here’s a picture of the engine in question
    ​nothing special about the powerhead (looks all stock)................the head gasket has been the same for all the 49's and the lower unit and midsection is an SST45.........you can get those parts from Seaway Marine...............

Leave a comment:

• Shane_B
    commented on 's reply
    FR-31M??? Think those were circa 1988 or so...

• bigkahuna
    replied
    Nothing really just getting prepared for a water pump, head gskt etc hereís a picture of the engine in question

Leave a comment:

• mercguy
    commented on 's reply
    What exactly are you looking for?

• bigkahuna
    replied
    I did take it, our Evinrude dealer is more rehearsed in fishing motors and not race motors. They gave me the knowledge that is a 75hp
    Thanks Rod

Leave a comment:

• DeanFHobart
    replied
    Does anyone know what the model number would be this engine. If I went into an Evinrude Parts Depot what would I say the engine is to get the right parts. There are no markings on the engine at all
    Take the engine with you.

Leave a comment:

• bigkahuna
    replied
    Does anyone know what the model number would be this engine. If I went into an Evinrude Parts Depot what would I say the engine is to get the right parts. There are no markings on the engine at all

Leave a comment:

• bigkahuna
    replied
    No but I will.

Leave a comment:

• rumleyfips
    replied
    Have you read Fast Fred's mod50 secrets thread at boat racing facts ?

Leave a comment:

• bigkahuna
    replied
    I run mine 25xs at 16:1

Leave a comment:

• ricochet112
    replied
    yes Steve...........less..............you don't wanna know my Merc mix ratio!!! LOL
    I ran my 25XS at 10:1

Leave a comment:

• 25xs
    replied
    Lots of openly shared information on the OMC 3-cylinder engines over here:

http://www.hpbc.ca/viewforum.php?f=19

Leave a comment:

• hshawwpba
    commented on 's reply
    It is probably a service replacement block they may not have number stamped into plug.

• bigkahuna
    replied
    I found the frost plug under the flywheel and at the back of the block, but no number there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X