49ci Evinrude 3 cyl looper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 49ci Evinrude 3 cyl looper

I’m looking for any info I can find about this Evinrude. Where to buy parts, oil to gas mix ratio, owners manual, parts manuals. Anything and everything is needed. Just general info. Thanks

You will need to supply the model name and possibly the serial number for someone to give you the information you’re asking for. There were at least 2 three cylinder OMC looper motors. You could also call Sea-Way Marine at 425-412-4006 or go to their website, seawaymarine.com. They will most likely have the information you’re looking for. Seaway specialize in the older outboards.
    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Originally posted by bigkahuna View Post
      I’m looking for any info I can find about this Evinrude. Where to buy parts, oil to gas mix ratio, owners manual, parts manuals. Anything and everything is needed. Just general info. Thanks
      ​pretty much the most common of the old Evinrudes..........made from the 70's thru the mid 80's..............parts are pretty much still available for everyting on it.............

it is the motor of choice for 850ccmod in APBA
      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Where do you suppose I could find the serial number, looked all over for it? On the block, nope, on the saddle, nope. I know it’s hidden somewhere. Wouldn’t mind knowing what year it is.

Comment

Where do you suppose I could find the serial number, looked all over for it? On the block, nope, on the saddle, nope. I know it’s hidden somewhere. Wouldn’t mind knowing what year it is.
          Look on top of the block there should be a Welsh plug there that has a serial number in it
          Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

So I run 25:1 gas oil ratio in my Merc 44xs’s, what would be the ratio for the Evinrude?

Comment

Use more oil... 44xs is not designed for 25:1.... Use 20:1..... 1 quart of oil in 5 gallons of gas..... for both motors.

That’s what I would recommend.
              sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Thanks for the oil info
                Rod

Comment

So I run 25:1 gas oil ratio in my Merc 44xs’s, what would be the ratio for the Evinrude?
                  I do not run as much oil in my OMC's as I do my Mercs..............
                  Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• hydroman6
                    hydroman6 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    LESS in the OMC ???????

yes Steve...........less..............you don't wanna know my Merc mix ratio!!! LOL
                  Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

My bad.... brain locked in on the 25:1 statement. Thought u were tryin to give an old guy a heart attack. 😊
                    Steve
                    106-R / TEAM JDS

sigpic

Comment

I found the frost plug under the flywheel and at the back of the block, but no number there.

Comment

• hshawwpba
                        hshawwpba commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It is probably a service replacement block they may not have number stamped into plug.

Lots of openly shared information on the OMC 3-cylinder engines over here:

http://www.hpbc.ca/viewforum.php?f=19

Comment

Originally posted by mercguy View Post
                        yes Steve...........less..............you don't wanna know my Merc mix ratio!!! LOL
                        I ran my 25XS at 10:1

Comment

I run mine 25xs at 16:1

Comment

Working...
                          X