125cc Mod Tower Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 125cc Mod Tower Project

I had a good visit with the foundry yesterday to get the tower and associated parts "productionized" for what we hope will be smooth pours and successful castings. Here are a couple of photos of the main patterns before they get mounted to the board and have the gating all added. There is also a bit of detail work left on the patterns as well.

I will update with the progress and post photos as soon as the metal parts start coming back.....

Steve

Is the tower designed to work with the Merc KG4/20H type saddle & clamps?

Comment

It uses the forged Mercury clamps, but will have a cast center section specific to the tower. Finding that many Merc centers would be more trouble than it was worth.

Comment

If a person chooses to not use clamp brackets will there be a provision where the tower can be securely bolted to the transom?
        Last edited by T Chance; 02-22-2018, 05:29 PM.

Comment

I will leave that to those guys who wish to run it that way. They will be able to buy the setup less the clamps and make their own brackets to pickup the tilt pin and mount the thrust socket however they see fit. I don't see it being that big of a hurdle to overcome.

I'm going to be working the big Indy Boat Sport and Travel show the next three days promoting our driving school so the project will slow up a bit until Monday. After that it back to full steam ahead.....

Steve

Comment

I will be interested in the final production product. Great job. Really cool.
            sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Working...
            X