No announcement yet.

New Class Fireball 125cc MOD Engine Review and Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know the thread size for the female water inlet on the 125 PRD? Is it NPT or Metric?

Comment

• fcliff
      fcliff commented
      Editing a comment
      I used a 3/8 NPT brass to hose fitting. 45 degree elbow to clear the pipe support. If you have not looked at the exit I think it is important to add a fitting at the top of the head to assure the block and head completely fill with water..
      Last edited by fcliff; 03-30-2018, 02:43 PM.

• GrandpaRacer
      GrandpaRacer commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! NTP tightens up fast and i did not want to risk cross threading or something until I knew for sure what it called for.

Originally posted by GrandpaRacer View Post
    Anyone know the thread size for the female water inlet on the 125 PRD? Is it NPT or Metric?
    John,

Call Doug Huggler at Huggler Racing..... 253-219-1011. He is the guy in Tacoma who is the importer and has been involved with this project.

Dean.................
    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

• GrandpaRacer
      GrandpaRacer commented
      Editing a comment
      Really, I know him from kart racing 20 years ago! I used to buy parts for our Yamaha from Doug. Thanks for the heads up.

Cliff Johnson just picked up the first tower assembly to take to Jessup for show and tell. A couple of the parts are mock-ups as my waterjet guy is behind schedule but I wanted it to be shown as complete as possible. I also didn't have the saddle casting or thrust socket castings until late Friday so it was a weekend full of making fixtures and finally chips on the lathe and mill. I have a couple of small tweeks on the patterns now that I've machined a couple and they will be back at the foundry Friday for a larger run of parts. If you get a chance check it out at the races and let me know what you think. Feedback is the best way to make these things better.

Thanks

Steve Roskowski

Comment

OK..... we tested the 125 all afternoon down in Jesup and it ran like a watch. We ran 11 props thru it and at the end of the day the 125 PRO runabout wheels that were used on the 11/15 gearbox worked the best. We ran the motor on my grandson's AXR and although it may be a bit small, we were seeing speeds between 54 and 57MPH at 12500 and 13200. The motor was set up 5/8 below the bottom and tucked a 1/4. The Head temp was between 215 and 225 all day. As you can see, there is room for improvement but at least this will give people a starting point. I want to thank the Mod commission, Cliff's Edge Racing, Gary Miller,Steve Roskowski, and Howard Pickrell for all of there hard work getting this program up and running. As I promised from the beginning I would share everything we learn ( This year. LOL ) Now lets get them on the water and racing. As always, feed back is greatly appreciated.

Comment

11:15..... not 11:17?
        sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

We tested with the 11/17 gearbox but the props were 11/15 PRO wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by jlg258 View Post
            We tested with the 11/17 gearbox but the props were 11/15 PRO wheels.
            Ok, that makes sense. Thanks.
            sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Steve is working hard to complete towers. They will be available soon. Here are a couple shots of the completed test units. Feel free to offer suggestions or ask questions. IMG_0576.jpg IMG_0577.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by fcliff View Post
                Steve is working hard to complete towers. They will be available soon. Here are a couple shots of the completed test units. Feel free to offer suggestions or ask questions. [ATTACH=CONFIG]n463170[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n463171[/ATTACH]
                NICE.........
                sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Here is the first cut at the spray shields for them. I was hoping that there would be just enough room for the screws outside the bell, but there just isn't quite enough. I have two modifications that I'm weighing right now to modify my mold. They will wind up very similar though.

I will have the foundry start on the production pours this Friday. I am waiting on a few quotes from suppliers and will be able to have a cost on the whole tower assembly by the end of the weekend. I have made all the machining tooling so it should be a pretty quick turn around. Stay tuned.......

Comment

NICE again.... Looks like the accessories are being handled. Great job.
                    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Working...
                    X