No announcement yet.

New Class Fireball 125cc MOD Engine Review and Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a new member looking to get started I was wondering how this class will match up to the ASH class? Where can I find boat specs and general information on this new class?

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Comment

Okay, the motor part of this equation is in place, and the people involved in that did a great job, now I have to get busy and design a boat that will fill the bill and fit into everyone's budget. Preliminary ideas would have composite front cowl and coamings in a single piece design with the remainder of boat being wood with the possibility of an all glass boat later.

Comment

NEW COMPETITION RACE HULLS:

Runabouts--Wacusee Speedboats--Contact: Ryan Runne ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

Hydroplanes--Runnecraft--Contact: John Runne j.runne@hotmail.com
        Ryan Runne
        9-H
        Wacusee Speedboats
        ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

Since this class is not in the 2018 rule or tech manual ( not this morning at least ).. is there something we can see on what you can or cant do with this motor? I see posts of people talking about using any pipe... also see posts saying you have to use factory one. Same thing with lower units (all same gear ratio?). Does this powerhead have to be purchased through Davids? or can someone get one from a kart store or website?
          sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DiGia54D View Post
              Since this class is not in the 2018 rule or tech manual ( not this morning at least ).. is there something we can see on what you can or cant do with this motor? I see posts of people talking about using any pipe... also see posts saying you have to use factory one. Same thing with lower units (all same gear ratio?). Does this powerhead have to be purchased through Davids? or can someone get one from a kart store or website?
              Wayne, this is what will be written in the rule book (Jeff will work on it this month):
              the powerhead must remain stock. No carb or internal mods allowed. MUST run the pipe and elbow as they come from the factory. The powerhead can be mounted on any tower in any orientation as long as the stock header and pipe are used. Any lower unit can be run with a limit to 11:17 gears (I clarified that in an above post) . 350 lbs for hydro and runabout.

​the engine we (APBA) will be using is a motor packaged specifically by PRD (and being imported)...........it will be a "marine version", that is NOT available from the cart shops YET (maybe in the future, depending on demand and the importer's plan). For now, they must be purchased from Davids Motorsports...........I am going to work with the importer to make them available on the West Coast hopefully also, but Jerry will have 20 of them in a month or so (as stated above), so all purchases are required to go through him.

​BUY BUY BUY!!! Call Jerry and get on the list, as I know many have already been purchased from racers...........

for all..............your region Mod Commissioner/s can provide any and all information needed................
              Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• DiGia54D
                DiGia54D commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you very much.

Originally posted by Captainkid View Post
              As a new member looking to get started I was wondering how this class will match up to the ASH class? Where can I find boat specs and general information on this new class?

Thanks in advance!

Chris
              ​Chris, first off, welcome! As to the new class, all the rules and requirements are being compiled right now, but most have been given out here on this post. The 125 class will be faster than the ASH class low 60's compared to the high 50's) and use a slightly bigger boat.....................

​SOA (Seattle Outboard Association) has monthly meetings and I discuss the class and motor in depth at every meeting.............please join us, if you can...........the meetings are in Kirkland usually the 2nd Tuesday night of each month. We also have a region meeting Feb 24 at the Hydroplane and Race Boat Museum in Kent................I will discuss the class, motor and answer any questions any ones has...............
              Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• Captainkid
                Captainkid commented
                Editing a comment
                Daren, Thanks for the info! I'll try to make the Feb 24th meeting in Kent, I have a lot of questions regarding building the motor and where to start with this entire process.

Chris

DAREN AND APBA

BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO WELL DONE,

THIS CLASS COULD BE THE GREATEST THING TO COME ALONG SINCE SLICED BREAD !

Regards,
              Paul

Comment

Weight is to low for average guy. If your over 15 lbs. you will not be competive. Raise the weight to bring more people in.

Comment

• Matt Dagostino
                  Matt Dagostino commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Doc...............Rick shouldn't have any problem making weight...)

Doc that's why we have 350ccm and 500ccm.....for bigger people.
                sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

The Modified Outboard Category's goal for the 125cc Mod classes is that they be entry classes for new drivers and competitors leaving the AX classes. The classes will also be open to veteran drivers as well. It is the intent of the MORC that this powerhead and exhaust system be run as received with no modification to any component. The MORC's desire is to promote competition in the classes and gain data on performance with the only variables being driver and boat.

The comparison rule will be included on the specification chart stating that inspectors may use a known legal part to compare against a questionable part to determine legality.

Specifications for the powerhead, carburetor, header, adapter, and tuner pipe to be posted mid-week (hopefully - I got a bug in Chicago).

Jeff

Jeff
                  5-P

Comment

Originally posted by Hydro doc View Post
                    Weight is to low for average guy. If your over 15 lbs. you will not be competive. Raise the weight to bring more people in.
                    I'm thinking about this class for my granddaughter (she is running 125 Pro now). If the weight was raised I would have to use 2x4's for stringers when building the boat.

Comment

TIM ,

The heavy duty 2x4 boat would last for years and years !

Regards ,

Paul
                      Last edited by Original Looper 1; 02-04-2018, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Work is progressing on the design for a cast tower for the classes. (Lets remember that there are runabouts also!)

It is for 10" transoms, will accept any pro foot that we know of and not need adapter plates. I am working on the pipe mount and steering bar provisions now.

I hope to be onto the patterns by midweek.....

Comment

That’s a sweet outfit! Estart to boot!I really like what I see here. Shared motor with kart is really good idea, I assume it is a proven motor. Good idea to be mindful of pipe noise also. Great entry level class for those looking to get their feet wet in MOD. I like it a lot. I would be shooting for speeds that 20SSH run. Seems like a lot of people like that speed range, not to slow but not to fast either.

Comment

Working...
                          X