125cc Mod Hydro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 125cc Mod Hydro

Ok, who has ideas as to the best boat design for this new class? Who will be available to build boats for this class?
    Who wants to build these boats? Will they be laydown or kneeldown?

Just a comment........ Probably not fast enough for a laydown... ASH, BSH, small 20SSH size... low 60’s mph.
    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

• racer4s
      racer4s commented
      Editing a comment
      Ron France's last boat was a laydown ASH and it was very fast!! Of course, it was Ron France building it!

With anticipated speed in the high 50's to low 60's probably BSH sized boat. What are the dimensional differences between ASH and 20SSH?

Comment

• Hydro doc
      Hydro doc commented
      Editing a comment
      Our new 20 hydro weights 123 lb.

When the commission finally puts to press what the motor will be,then the boat can be built, until then it is just a guess. Plan on something coming our of my shop for sure.

Comment

Thanks Bud. Wood or composite?
      Do you have any idea as to why the mod guys working this project went with PRD Fireball as opposed to the Rotax? I don't know anything about either just curious.

Comment

HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

• Hydro doc
          Hydro doc commented
          Editing a comment
          This looks to be the cheapest combo.

Originally posted by Heat1Racing View Post
        Thanks Bud. Wood or composite?
        Do you have any idea as to why the mod guys working this project went with PRD Fireball as opposed to the Rotax? I don't know anything about either just curious.
        Hello..... Read the other thread ‘125 Mod Engine’ .... lots of info there.
        sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Thanks for the question. The first boat will be wood utilizing composite coamings and front cowl. Once the boat is dialed in (takes very little effort to modify a wood boat) then a mold will be built and the finish product for sale to the racing public will be composite. Motor pictured looks great and I truly hope the leave a little wiggle room in the rules for the racer to put a little or his or her own thinking into the final product.

Comment

Anything from APBA Annual Meeting to report re the new 125cc class?

Comment

The commission did an excellent job with this new motor for the mod125, now it's my turn. I've completed plans for what I think it will take to be competitive in this new class. All my contact information is in my advertisement at the bottom of the post segment of this publication, let me hear from you. Thanks in advance.
              Bud Gann

Comment

Need a boat? contact Runnecraft at j.runne@hotmail.com. The size and speed of this class is similar to the BSH& BSR.

Comment

What dimensions would that be? Bottom width, after plane etc.
                  Untethered from reality!

Comment

This might be the perfect boat for the 125 https://www.facebook.com/cheddar/vid...5463228107738/

Comment

I'm guessing this probably isn't a class for 200+lb drivers?
                      Dane Lance
                      700-P
                      CSH/500Mod

Comment

Originally posted by Ram4x4 View Post
                        I'm guessing this probably isn't a class for 200+lb drivers?
                        Probably guessing right.

Comment

Working...
                        X