Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ​Harry Pinner Sr. (Pinner Props)

Hello Racing Family,

All hands on deck! I need to share with you, that our great friend, and legendary prop builder, is with hospice. Harry is dealing with complications from Congestive Heart Failure, and liver cancer. Harry has been a major part of our racing family, for many generations. I talked to (Peanut) Harry Pinner Jr, 2-F this morning, and he asked me to let his friends, and family know. So, pass it on.

His Grandsons Joey, and Justin will be reading Harry, all your post from Hydroracer. Please take the time to say hello, and share with him some old racing stories, or how he was part of your racing family. This might be the time to even ask him to build a prop! Thank you in advance for all of your help, prayers, and words of encouragement. I know it will mean the world to the Pinner Family.
    God Bless!
    Last edited by HOOTENRACING; 01-23-2018, 06:02 PM.

I have known Harry for ever a great friend, here's a little story In 1985 I bought a new C Konig Scott got them in just before Lakeland so no time to get props. I tested it and it would not pull my Sq. block C Konig props at all. I went to Lakeland anyway. I went to Harry and ask him if he had a prop that would work? He says no I don't have one but you go down to Ron Messager (sp) and tell him I said give you anything you need , so I did Ron gave me a prop that worked Harry saved the day for me. The next day Ron brought me a tower housing he said you have a Yale this Tower is made just for a Yale, I said how much for it he said nothing it is yours . All this happen because of Harry, He then sent me a new prop for the Konig I still have it. I have the Yale and Konig also. Get well Harry'

Comment

So sorry to hear about Harry. Harry helped me with some wonderful prop repair over the years. Wondering if Harry remembers an Ocoee race years ago when I helped somebody lift a boat onto a trailer and my pants slid down to my ankles. He happened to be right there and got a big laugh out of it.

Cooper Jess

Comment

On behalf of the entire Trolian family, I would like to send our prayers and well wishes to Harry and the entire Pinner family. We have shared many a great times with you all. Throughout all of my years racing boats in Region 5 Harry was a pillar of the racing community. Get Well Soon.

Comment

Harry - you have always been a part of our extended racing family. I cannot remember a day in my life I didn't know you. So many precious memories with you and your family that I will always hold close. We love you and send prayers and love to you and the Pinner family.

Brad asked me to post this for him😘.... This is a man I love and respect and feel a great honor that I got to know him! I only hope the best for him and his family! If there anything we can do call us !
          Susan Eldredge Sailer

Comment

I have to agree with Brad. Harry is a great man, and it is an honor to call him my friend. I will never forget him teaching Nic and I all about building and tuning props. Thoughts and prayers are with the Pinner family. Call me if you need anything!
            Ben

Comment

Harry and my Dad put me in my ASH for literally one full day at Lake Alfred testing boxes of props for him! I ended up with the best and fastest! Harry you and my Dad put me out front as the only girl on the race course back then! You have always been a great friend and I love you for all you have done for me! My love and prayers are with you and all your family! I could use a new prop for my 175 hydro I’m going to run this year too! I love you Harry! Kristy Thompson

Comment

I think I have known Harry sin I started racing and we alw got along well and had a few laughs over the years. That was fifty years ago! Peace be with you old friend. Steve Litzell

Comment

Sorry to hear about your dad Harry was a great friend. Our prays go out to you and the family. Hang in there Nuch & DARLENE 9F

Comment

The most recent prop Harry made for me works on everything. A 250ccR prop also a 500ccR and 1100ccR. I ordered one and he sent me five. I wanted to keep them all, hard to send four back. Get well soon and I will still be a customer.

Comment

Always so sad to hear news such as this. Thinking of the Pinner Family at this time. Harry was an incredible person and always had a smile and would always make me laugh.

Comment

Harry, you have not only been a great friend, but you were my second dad. While our boat racing story list is long, I always cherished the days of dropping by "The Farms" and just hanging out with you and June. Y'all were always there for me during the good times and working through the bumps in the road. You are one special man who has touch many lives. I consider myself extremely lucky to have been part of the family. Though all my boat racing equipment has found new homes, the one thing I have not been able to part with are my Pinner Props and those bright orange shirts which remain proudly displayed. I love you man.

Comment

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family, we all owe Harry a lot for his propellers, his contribution to the sport we all love. Harry is a legend in his own time. Boat racing would not be where it is today without innovators like Harry.
                          God bless.

Comment

Wow! that is sad to hear. I have known Harry since early 1971 when I moved to West Palm Beach Fl. He had a boat building shop just a short distance from where I worked in Riviera Beach at the time. One day driving by I noticed a shop with the door open and I saw a hydro being built so I had to stop and look. I have always been interested in race boats and built and played around with a few. That was the start of a long friendship with Harry. I would visit his shop often and talk racing and boat construction; being a wood worker as a hobby I appreciated his craftsmanship skills and hydro designs. I showed him the hydro I built in 1969 (Avatar) and he suggested I race that hydro. He said Mercury has a new engine coming out, the 25SS, and boats are needed for the new 25SSH class starting around 1973. So thanks to Harry’s suggestion I bought a 25SS from Dick O’Dea and that was my start in APBA Region 5. Harry made the props (still have them and the engine) and gave me tips about heat racing and helped with testing and set up details. When the 20SSH class started in 1977 with the Y80 as probationary I bought one (still have it and props) and Harry was right there with the providing the props, set ups and tips. At the races he was a great help to all and a great asset and contributor to the sport. I have great memories of those days and I am forever grateful to you Harry for all the help and time together.

The last time I saw and talked to Harry was in 2009 along with June, Peanut and crew at the Lake Hollingsworth race in Lakeland Fl. At a 2008 Ocoee Fl race I snapped this pic of Harry when Peanut was racing 2-F.

Harry my thoughts and prayers are with you and wish the best for you and your family.

Your friend,
                            Pete Sushinsky
                            Last edited by ZUL8TR; 01-24-2018, 05:50 AM.
                            "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
                            No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Harry, Where has the time gone? It seems like yesterday when my Dad moved moved our family from NY to GA and we started racing in Region 5. As a young second generation racer my Dad introduced me to a towering legend in our sport, Harry Pinner the prop man! I have a lifetime of memories growing up racing around you and your family and now as as you I am passing those torches to my kids and my nephews as You and my Dad passed to Peanut and I. Thank You for all the propellers over the years and many wins but most of all Thank You to You and June for being part of our Family. I have marked on my calendar December 31st...we will be at the Pinner "Farm" for the New Year's Party, have the Gator ready! All of our Love to you and God Bless....Chris Hellsten and Family

Comment

Working...
                              X